Many of the population in the rural areas is composed of manual labourers

Hello

I have some sentences and don’t know how to find their mistake. Could you help me, please ~

1. Many of the population in the rural areas is composed of manual labourers.

2. The harder he tried the worst he danced before the large audience.

3. Professor Duncan teaches both anthropology as well as the sociology each fall.

4. Before she moved here, Arlene had been the president of the organization since four years

5. When Keith was in Alaska, he lived in a igloo in the winter months as well as in the spring.

6. The aims of ASEAN include accelerate of economic growth, social progress, cultural development among its members

Thank you

1 Like

Hi,

Why don’t you try to find the errors first and then they could be checked,

Alan

1 Like

Yes, here what I tried

1. I think that ‘is’ wrong, because this sentence have ‘Many’ first… or vice versa
  2. I still don’t understand even it’s so weird
  3. ‘each fall’ doesn’t need
  4. ’ had been’ or ‘since’
  5. I think don’t need ‘as well’
  6. It full of words that just one working in a party can understand.

Please say one of all is worth
Have you ever say a big balloon exploded or burst?

Hi,

Well, you tried:

1. Many of the population in the rural areas ARE composed of manual labourers.

2. The harder he tried the WORSE he danced before the large audience.

3. Professor Duncan teaches both anthropology as well as (NO ARTICLE NEEDED) sociology each fall.

4. Before she moved here, Arlene had been the president of the organization FOR four years

5. When Keith was in Alaska, he lived in AN igloo in the winter months as well as in the spring.

6. The aims of ASEAN include RHE ACCELERATION of economic growth, social progress, cultural development among its members.

Alan

1 Like

Thank you Alan.

but could you help me more
I still wonder when use exploded or burst

May be I see horror fiction too much, but it’s true that one can be exploded << the subtitle said that.

1 Like

I’d have put the article there too, but according to the Society’s declaration:

The aims of ASEAN include acceleration of the economic growth, social progress and cultural development of its members.

aseansec.org/64.htm

The balloon popped.
The balloon burst.
The balloon exploded.

All can be used. I would say that an ‘explosion’ indicates a bigger, more violent sound than ‘burst’, which in turn is bigger than ‘popped’.

1 Like
  1. A large part of the population in rural areas consists of workers.

2. The harder he tried, the worse he danced in front of the large audience.

3. Professor Duncan teaches both anthropology and sociology each fall.

4. Before moving here, Arlene had been president of the organization for four years.

5. When Keith was in Alaska, he lived in an igloo during both the winter and spring months.

6. ASEAN’s goals include accelerating economic growth, social progress and cultural development among its members.