Make sure that all the windows "are/will be" closed before you two leave

Either you or Allen has to make sure that all the windows will be closed before you two leave. (My bold.)
Source: written by a Taiwanese teacher of English.

Can I use “are” instead of “will be” in the quotation?

2 Likes

Yes, you can and you must.
Either you or Allen has to make sure that all the windows are closed before you two leave.

1 Like

I fully agree, after all, all the windows, is plural, not only from an elitist point of view, don’t you think?

1 Like

Hi Lawrence, I merely stated this, because in the post ‘There’s no food and no water’, NearlyNapping said that the ‘neither…nor…’ construction sounded elitist. Now, I’m actually compelled to say this usage is not at all inherent in elitism.
By the way, thank you for answering and liking my post. I have to say, you’ve always been very kind to me and at the moment I don’t feel so well, as I get the feeling that I’m being isolated online and I’m extremely scared. That’s why I have to be constantly on my guard. Yes, my dear friend, I’m in a time of great peril and I hardly leave my home. But your support has always got me through it. Also, that of Arinker’s.

1 Like

Take things easy, Marc. Recharge yourself with positivity. There is an up for every down! Life is like that!
(If wishes were horses …!)
Stay blessed with good health and great thoughts!

1 Like

Thank you, Lawrence. I’m Ggoing to call the hospital next week. Wish I could be there now. Molto Bene? My good friend?

1 Like

Wish you the best always!

1 Like

Thank you very much for caring, Lawrence.

1 Like