make sure/challenge a will

Make sure you turn off the motorway at the next exit.-what does it mean , if…
why not (because the action is happening now):
Make sure you are turning /have turned off the motorway at the next exit?

Mental incapacity is one of the grounds for challenging a will.
in bold = to challenge a will? (I understand it that way, literally)

Thanx everybody

Make sure you turn off the motorway at the next exit…
when you reach the next exit (which you have not yet reached) then leave the motorway,
It isn’t happening right at the moment of speaking. It happens at a future point from that.

To challenge a will is to legally argue that the will (the document recording a deceased person’s wishes for disposal of goods, etc.) is not valid.

This is true. You can challenge (question the validity/genuineness of) a will if it is found to have been (or suspected of having been) executed by the testator (the person who makes the will) under threat, duress, coercion, insanity/mental incapacity etc.

I think your question is whether ‘for challenging’ means ‘to challenge’. I’d say you are right but, to me, the use of gerundial construction is correct.

‘one of the grounds for challenging…’ is correct in the given sentence, Saneta. Don’t be misguided.

grounds for challenging…
grounds for contesting…

Will Saneta be misguided by the above? I don’t think so at all.

You assume so many things for nothing. The point with respect to the question is clarified in the first part. The second part only confirms the use of gerund as correct. It is as simple and clear as that.

As a matter of fact her original question was not answered either by you or by me in the first place. You can take a look at the post again and realize it.

Dear everybody, I don’t question using the gerundial construction.
I only asked about the meaning: to challenge a will.

Okay, thanks, Saneta.

I answered it. You just clouded the issue. Of course your incorrect statement could lead to misguidance.

You DID NOT answer that specific question. My statement WAS CORRECT. The poster was WELL GUIDED. These things are clear:

1. What ‘to challenge a will’ means.
  2. Whether ‘for challenging’ means ‘to challenge’.
  3. Whether the gerundial or the infinitival phrase is correct in the sentence.
  4. Whether mental incapacity can be one of the grounds.

There is nothing wrong in explaining things in detail. What one misses may be added by another. That doesn’t mean clouding or confusing. The reason for you to thrive with illogical statements is the silence of many others who might be laughing at what is going on. You had better stop blowing up small things out of proportion, with words misleading and irritating others.

Of course… unless the “other” happens to be incorrect in what they say.
The gerundial sentence would not be correct in the original.

I really can’t understand you. Sorry; LUSH.

I quoted you, but adjusted it to the negative by adding ‘not’ - and now you cannot understand it!
That speaks volumes about your original post.