Loyalty after royalty.

Hello,

Could you please explain the meaning of the expression:‘Loyalty after royalty.’

Thank you in advance.

I quess it means that every royal person is indulgent but only after showing to everyone its haughtiness.

I don’t think so, Lenysia.

What is the context of the remark, please Vectra?
My suspicion is that in this case ‘royalty’ refers to the fees paid to musicians or artists for use of their material. In that case, it would mean that the payment is the most important aspect and loyalty, for example, to the fans or to the record company is of secondary importance.
I’d need more information to be sure though.

Hello,
It was an SOS message from one of my students, requesting help with the translation of the above expression.
I, too, agree with you Beeesneees that it goes about money being the most important thing.
I explained to the student that not having a context is very bad, and asked him to recall where he had heard or read this expression.

Yours,

[size=150]=) When I found this topic It becomes interesting to me but nobody answered to this question and I decided to try explain how I reckon according to this.
as a result during one day I see here the conclusion of genuine English person which is seems to be the most appropriate explanation of the topic =)))[/size]

Thanks to all of U for writing =)[/b]

Hi,
My guess is: you become loyal to a person/institution after you obtained a sum of money from them. I feel it applies quite well to politics, business relations,etc. In another words, it’s hard to keep loyalty not being fed enough.
Regards.

That makes sense, Eugene, but usually in this sort of saying ‘after’ relates to ‘comes second place to/is not as important as’ rather than ‘follows’.

Thank you for the correction, Beees. Then, rephrasing it like: “you become loyal to a person/institution as a result of obtaining a sum of money…” would sound better?
Regards.

No Eugene, you misunderstand me.

Your original idea is sound. It makes sense and there’s nothing wrong with the way you put it. You might be correct.

However, I suspect that the definition of ‘after’ is not the one that you have used.