Learning to use the words clarify, operation, hire services to construct sentences

I will confirm with you tomorrow about whether or not we will proceed with your services for installation.

I will confirm with you about whether or not we will hire your services for installation.

Can the business remain in operation while installation is being carried out.

Can the business remain its operation while installation is being carried out.

I would like to clarify your order, there is a special instruction that indicated no nut. Does it mean that there should be no nut in all the dishes? (Should I use clarify or verify?).

Did I phrase the above sentences correctly?

1 Like

Hi St8762,

As for your first two sentences, I would simply say the following;

• I’ll send you my confirmation tomorrow. (the person or people who will be given confirmation, already know what you are talking about).

For your third and fourth:

• Can the business remain in operation…, remain in operation is correct.

For your fifth:

• I would like you to clarify… and use clarify, since you want to have more information about a special instruction in the order.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

In addition:

• Would you be so kind as to clarify something for me, because in your order you indicated ‘no nut’. Do you mean you don’t want nuts in any of the dishes?

! There’s a difference between clarify and verify. I’ve already explained ‘clarify’ (to give more details about someone/ something to make things easier to understand, in other words, what exactly someone wants to be done) ‘verify’ (to check and prove the certainty and correctness of something that is either false or true)!

• e.g. - Every year the number of students in every school is verified.

Okay, I’ll give you the complete structures of your sentences (1,2,3,4 & 5) as I see them:

• 1 & 2) I’ll send you my confirmation tomorrow. (for the same reasons as I’ve explained in my previous message)
  • 3 & 4) Can the business remain in operation while/when (the) installation is (being) carried out?

The use of ‘the’ and ‘being’ are optional, depending on how you see the entire situation. ‘Being’ is not really necessary when simply asking or giving information about something.Thus, the use of while/ when depends on whether you see the action as continuous or not.

• e.g. Can the business remain in operation while (the) installation is being carried out?

• e.g. Can the business remain in operation when the operation is carried out?

• & 5) See underneath the quote.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Clarify is correct.

I would like to clarify…
I am not sure if I understand this order correctly. Do you mean [this], or do you mean [that]? Clarify is about understanding the order.

I would like to verify…
Verify = confirm
Verify is not about understanding the order. It is simply asking, “Do you really want to do this?”

This is the same as the Confirm button on your computer.

Do you really want to delete this file?
Click confirm if you do.
CONFIRM

2 Likes