learning all subjects is a waste of time?

Teenagers in school nowadays have to study a wide range of subjects. Some people think it is a waste of time if pupils study subjects they don’t like. What is your opinion?

Students learn diverse subjects at school from music to mathematics. They do not have the freedom to choose about which subjects they learn. Some people argue studying all subjects at school is useless for students, in terms of time. In the following paragraphs, I will enumerate three major reasons to support my opinion which I disagree with them.

Firstly, there is not a important subject more than other ones. There are some reasons on subjects that students must learn. For example, students should learn other languages like English and Chinese, because the board will vanish with the opening of trade and interaction with other countries. In the case of mathematics, we should know how to calculate, since it is needed to live by buying and selling goods.

Secondly, there will no more chance to learn some subjects as long as they learn those subjects at school. As for me, as a student, I learnt what the ethics is. It was useful for me, because I have learnt how to get along with others since I learnt the ethics. However, I have no more opportunities to learn about that after becoming an adult.

Thirdly, every student cannot like studying all subjects, but if they learn all subjects regardless of their intension, it will help them choose their future job. For example, when I was young, I did not like mathematics, but now my job is related to mathematics. If I had not learnt mathematics, I could not get a job in my field. Like that, children’s interests change all the time.

Taking all that into consideration, it is totally not a waste of time for students to learn all kinds of subject, because it is useful for them in all aspects.

Thanks a lot, kitos. Have A Good Day :slight_smile:

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student need money?