LCCI EfB, task 9 (memo: organizing company event)

Situation:
Each year your company organises a special day out for all employees at the company’s expense. It is customary to ask the staff where they would like to go, and what they would like to do in the course of the day.

Task:
Write a memo of between 150 and 200 words to all the supervisors, asking them to seek staff ideas and suggestions about:

• where to go
• what to do
• how to get there (train, bus, cars etc):
Remind them about the previous year’s success (or problems!) and ask for a reply within a certain period of time.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Dental treatment[YSaerTTEW443543]

Parthiban
Human Resource
ABC Private Ltd.,
India

30-Jan-2012

Supervisors
Workforce Division
ABC Private Ltd.,
India

Dear All,

I am glad to say you that we have been on your second year of the Human welfare activities. It may be recalled that we had a spectacular services and reputations from our clients last year. Hence we arranged the unforgottable event of " Staff Outing Fun" and we succeeded too.

Going forward , Am happy to say you that we have been elevating our company turnover to great extent. The Management is very much impressed and satisfied in our work and declared for a Special day out for our employees. I would like to get the following details from your sub-ordinates / team members. Please note that this will be taken for estimating the cost and for finalizing the date for
Outing.

Please Get the consolidated report on

—> Place to Visit :-
—> Activites to be done on that day :-
—> Earliest Possible mode of travel to reach the destination:-

As We had visited a THUMBA THEME PARK last year, there were about 20 different rides like water upscale,
roller coaster and lot more stuffs. Personally that was really a great enjoyable moment in my life. I remember the
events we conducted like Debate , Singing, Dancing around the chairs with the bottle of softdrinks. People had enjoyed as though
they are in to a NEW world.

Though we faced quite few difficulites on Time Management and also with event Co-ordination but we celebrated the event as festival.

Why i have mentioned these Memories here ? I would like to have a big day than last years function by rectifying the mistakes done. Please feel open to say/comment/suggest something which can enhance our team work and establish our harwork to Rejoice our
BIG DAY.

Please do reply with your updates within 2 Working days.
Thanks a lot making this happen again. Extend my sincere thanks to your team members too. Awating for your response.

Regards,

Parthiban B

To: ALL STAFF
Subject: Special Day
Date: Monday, 30 January 2012

We are proud to invite you, dear colleagues, to our yearly company special day. This year it will taking place on Saturday, 17Th March, from 10 am to 5 pm. As every year we like to ask you what you want to do. We like to ask all of you to give us a short note, not later than this Friday, what your minds of doing are and we will collect the five most given answer into a list. After that we will ask you again and you all can decide from that list what the whole company will do on that day and how we will get there. The period where you can decide from that list will be from 6Th February until 17Th February.
Please also remember the special day last year. It was a lot of fun at the Dresden Sports Park excluding those who were not able to take part.
So please keep the 17Th of March in your mind!

To: All Supervisors
Subject: Annual Special Day Out
Date: 30.01…2012

How every year we would like to organize a special day out for all employees. We suggest the last Friday in march. That day the work will be finished at 1.00 p.m., because the event should be start against 3.00 p.m… We hope it is a suitable appointment.
So ask our colleagues about:

• Where they would like to go?
  • How they would like to go there by bus, by train or by their own cars?
  • What they would like to do during the course of the day?
  • What do they prefer to eat in the evening buffet or menu?
  • Or have they other ideas else?
    The last year was very successful, therefore we would like to allocate the best worker of each department with a present.
    Could you vote one person of your team for this honour?

Please give me your reply by Monday 20 February.

To : all staff
Subject: special day for all
Date: 30 January 2012

Hello everyone,

as every year I organise a special day for all. I hope, at our last event - the visit in a dark restaurant “invisible”- do you remember still like to. Our senses were given a new meaning for this time. It was taste, listen, feel and smell. Anything was possible. But we could not see us. The language was the only possibility perceived to be. We learnt to see each other with different eyes.

Also this year I ask you for ideas and suggestions. Please inform me until the end of the next month. The question is - where to go? what to do? and how to get there ( train, bus, cars)?

My idea, we wait until the summer and then we rent a sailing boat with skipper.

I am looking forward to your ideas.

Hi Katja, I had a hard time deciphering your first paragraph. I tried to retain the meaning you intended.

Hi, hope you don’t mind my humor. Nice memo. Make sure to only capitalize the first word of each sentence and proper nouns.

Hey Luschen

How are you?
Thank you for reviewing my memo. Thank you so much as well for all the other corrective actions.

Mario
the indisoftis

You’re welcome Mario. It’s my pleasure.

Hi Luschen

Thank you so much for correcting my mistakes. Hope you people will make me better in using the English.

Regards,

Parthi

Hello Luschen

Thank you again and it is remarkable that you correct my tasks so fast.
I have been learning a lot from you.

Gabi from the indisofties

You are welcome Gabi. I hope you enjoy our new video. I know it may be a challenge to figure out what we are saying in it.

Hi Thomas, I also would like to say thank you very much for your outstanding support and help. You have been doing an excellent job sharing your experiences and expertise with us. We are glad we met you. Today we are working on a video response to your latest Nashville clip which we greatly enjoyed. By the end of the day the video will probably be online. In the meantime, here is a suggest answer by LCCI:

MEMORANDUM
TO: ALL SUPERVISORS
DATE: SUITABLE DATE
SUBJECT: STAFF ANNUAL DAY OUT

Once again the time has come when we need to start thinking about the staff day out which we have every year.

As in previous years, I would like to ask you to follow the same procedure so that we get some good ideas from the staff. Will you please, therefore, spend some time, particularly during working breaks, to gather information from those in your team about where they might like to go this year and what kinds of activities they would like us to organise for the day. Please also collect opinions on the best means of transport (this will depend partly on where we decide to go!)

Last year’s trip to the theme park was not a total success. It was hard to keep people together, and of course 4 people missed the return train. We must try to avoid a repeat of that at all costs.

It would be very helpful if all responses can be sent to me within 14 days of the date of this memo, to give us time to assess staff’s wishes and make decisions.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Fueling your vehicle[YSaerTTEW443543]