LCCI EfB, task 8 (letter: demanding compensation)

Situation
A week ago you travelled by Barrett Airways from your local airport to attend a business conference in a major city. Your departure time was delayed by an hour, and this was the first of a number of things about the flight that made you angry. You feel that the airline should compensate you in some way.

Task
Write a letter of between 150 and 200 words to the Customer Relations Officer of Barrett Airways. Give the reasons for your complaint in some detail, and say what action you expect them to take to keep you as a customer. You may invent suitable addresses.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Who will be giving the presentation for us?[YSaerTTEW443543]

To
The Manager
Customer Relation Office
Barret Airways

It’s been a very awful day for me when i travelled in your Airway. I should say this because my arrival was delayed by an hour.
I was suppose to be at the airport at 8 but unfortunately your Airway landed at 9. You might say many reasons for this delay but i couldn’t take it lite. I feel regret for the suitation happened and i should surely say that you people are responsible for TIME MANAGEMENT. You failed to take the passengers on time.

I have missed the important Meeting with my clients which was suppose to happen on the stipulated time so that i had missed my new business. The reason for this is " Barrett Airways". You must have to comepensate for my TIME. Please respond to my mail asap else i would like to go legally through court. Hope you understand my feelings towards my business. What would you do if you were late to the meeting by one hour. You can’t blame the workers but its your duty to keep keen on your TIME management.

Waiting for your TIMELY response to this mail.

Thanks & Regards,

Disappointed Passenger.

Mario Rudolph
23 Freedom Avenue
Pool
PL2 3RX

27 January 2012

Barett Airways
123 Love Field Road
London
LN7 2HX

Dear Sirs and Madams

Firstly you should know that the Barett Airways company is my most often used airline. You might be interested to know that my last flight by your company made me really sad.

Please let me explain what happened. Last week took a regular flight from Pool to London. Unfortunately, the journey started with a delay. That was a pity but the one hour of lateness were still okay. That can happen. I booked a window seat, nothing specially, but my window seat was double booked and so I got an aisle seat. Okay, it was still from Pool to London you will think and you are right. The next problem was the arrival. The pilot had to fly one hour above London until he got the approval for landing. In summary I was more than 3 hours to late, I missed an important meeting and you double booked my window seat.

You want to keep me as your client? I think I have a right of refund! I except a payback not less than 50%. Otherwise it was my last time of using the Barett airline.

I am waiting for your quickly reply.

kind regards

Mario Rudolph

Gabriele Gagell
22 Yorkshire Street
Leeds
LE7 D34

26 January 2012

Barrett Airways
99 Green Road
Hamshire
HA6 R41

Dear Sir or Madam

Complain

A month ago I booked a ticket for a flight from Leeds to London, because there I would attend a important business conference on Thursday the 19 January at 1.15 p.m… This Flight should start this day at 10.00 a.m. from our local airport in Leeds. You promised me that I will arrive London not later then 11.45 a.m… That was enough time for me to go by a taxi and to be in time. Unfortunately the departure time was delayed by one hour and so I was late.
Next problem for me was the too small site. It was very uncomfortable and the coffee I got was cold.
I am very angry, because I payed a lot of money for this ticket.
So I want to get back a part of my money or I think about change the airline. A long time I was a satisfied customer but this one was a disaster.

I look forward to your response

Your faithfully

Gabriele Gagell

Katja Köhler
Matrix Software Ltd
120 Penny Lane
Liverpool
L33 7SW

27 January 2012

Barrett Airways
150 Penny Lane
Liverpool
L33 7 SW

Dear Sir or Madam

Fly BE 602 20 January 2012

For many years I book my flights by Barrett Airways. To date I`am very satisfied with their service. A week ago I travelled from Liverpool to London. There I want attend an important conference.

Now I am not very happy that I missed the conference. The departure time was delayed by an hour and my reserved seat in the business class was occupied. On the return flight happened exactly the same. For the future, that should not happen again. I need a travel company that I can rely.

I plan to fly again in 3 weeks to London. With this instance I ask for a reparation. I hope you make a good offer for this flight. I expect your answer until the end of this week. You can call me by phone number ……

I look foward to good cooperation and to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Katja Köhler

Hi Gabi, great letter. Just a few problems with your verb tenses.

Wow, I would hate to make you late for a meeting! :wink:

Hi Luschen, thank you very much for all your corrections. Here is a suggested answer by LCCI:

KURT WEILL ASSOCIATES
6 KINGSBURY SQUARE
LONDON
SW15 4GY
Suitable Date
The Customer Relations Officer
Barrett Airways
46 Upper Richmond Road
Putney
London SW12 6FK

Dear Sir
I wish to register several complaints about my unfortunate experience last week when I flew to Dresden on your flight BRT515. Although no reason was announced, the flight departure was delayed by an hour. All passengers had boarded the plane and had to endure an hour waiting on the tarmac before permission to take off was received. During the flight I received very poor service indeed. First, I was not offered the usual upgrade from Business to First Class. I had ordered a vegetarian meal but was bluntly told by your cabin crew member that the caterers had not supplied this and that I would have to choose from the standard menu. I have not been treated so rudely aboard your flights before. I should also mention that there was total silence from the pilot during the flight. Normally passengers are informed about position and weather on arrival, but we heard not a single word until we landed.

I feel that some compensation is due and ask you to consider offering me a 50% discount on my next flight. Such a gesture might keep me flying with Barrett.

Yours faithfully
A.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: When can you deliver the order to our warehouse?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Luschen, are right, there might some people who say that ending sentences with prepositions is not good practice. However, you will read and hear a lot of sentences with that structure and this is perfectly acceptable and standard English. If you want some fun, you should read this: Churchill on ending sentences with prepositions[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: On an escalator[YSaerTTEW443543]

Good morning everyone,

Here is your next task: LCCI EfB, task 9 (memo: organizing company event)[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: In a kitchen[YSaerTTEW443543]