Later / Then

1. I will have breakfast now. Later, I might go out for a walk.
  2. I had breakfast. Then, I (might go)/(went) out for a walk.
    Are these two sentences grammatically OK?
    Please comment.
    Thanks.
  1. I will have breakfast now. Later, I might go out for a walk.
  2. I had breakfast. Then I went out for a walk. (Edited)

Anglophile,
The first is present tense while the second one is simple past tense.
Am I correct?
Thanks.

Though the second is in ‘simple past’, the first indicates that you are going to have breakfast soon (immediate future) and that you are thinking of going out for a walk later (which is a possible future activity; it’s not definite).

There is a mis-placed comma in Anglophile’s sentence 2.
Both correct:
I had breakfast. Then I went out for a walk.
I had breakfast, then I went out for a walk.

It’s a victim of the ‘cut/copy & paste & correct’ process coupled with a slip.

It wasn’t a criticism, just an observation. I did not doubt that it was anything other than a typo.

Thank you, but I didn’t take it as a criticism at all. As I said, it was a slip due to my carelessness; it wasn’t a typo. I have since removed the comma (edited). You must have seen me for the last more than five years that I try to be ‘punctuationally’ also as acceptable as possible. But at times I may fail. After all I’m a non native user of the language, you see.

I would call the error a typo regardless of whether it was added by you or just left from copying and pasting, through what you call carelessness.
I don’t see the relevance of your statement that you are a non-native English speaker there. Everyone is capable of making mistakes.

It’s strange that you still call it my typo when it was not added by me and when I say that it was the result of copying and pasting, and correcting it carelessly. I differ with you in totality here.

There you go, then.