Können sich die positiven Effekte auf die Lernmotivation und die sich verändernde Lernkultur optimal entfalten

Hi, please could you explain the meaning of the bold extract in the sentence (it comes about the usage of the mobile app (game) for school children in the library):
Wenn man analoge Objekte und Räumlichkeiten selbst in die Rallye mit einbezieht
und eine anregende Lernumgebung schafft, können sich die positiven
Effekte auf die Lernmotivation und die sich verändernde
Lernkultur optimal entfalten.

2 Likes

It means that if the described conditions are met the resulting effects of this development also have a positive impact on the learners’ motivation as well as the changing learning culture.

I must say it’s written in a very complicated way reminding me of German bureaucracy. Please let me know if my explanation makes sense.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Torsten! I don’t know how to express the difficulties when I tried to understand this part of the sentence. Russian native speakers could call it as ‘жесть’ (zhest) lol

2 Likes

Well, there is a simple rule when it comes to writing: Try to create sentences that your readers can understand if they hear them rather than reading them. I don’t think there are a lot Germans who would understand that sentence you tried to translate when they heard them just once.

1 Like

This sentence was taken from the journal article. Maybe, that’s why it’s so difficult to understand.

2 Likes