Just listen to yourself!

Hi Fatum,
Yeah the weather was terrible last week.
In fact some region here were under water, even now.
Today it was quite nice. The sun was shining although not for long but it was long enough to put us in a good mood.
You said your bigger kid is 7 years old, you mean the oldest one?
So your children are still young.
How old is the youngest?
Do you celebrate Christmas in Moldova? Does Father Christmas exist there?
We don’t have Father Christmas here but Santa Claus and his servant Black Pete come on December 6th.
The children get two presences then, one from Santa Claus and another one on Christmas Day.
How long have you been learning English?
We can help each other improving our skill in English I think, so keep on writing and recording.
Bye for now

Hi April! Happy to hear from you! I learned English in the University! and yes, by bigger kid I meant the oldest one. The younger will be two in a few months. Regarding the winter hollydays, Moldova celebrates them, and they have Father Christmas, but regarding my family we don’t celebrate these hollydays as you could maybe guess from my name, it’s an islamic one as I am a muslim, a converted muslim, converted to Islam 10 years now. What about your religion? I hope the fact that we have different religions is not an obstacle to communicate. My mother is a Christian and she lives with me. I thing that we can exchange any kind of information on any subject. It is interesting to communicate with people from different culture.
you told me that you work as a nurse in a hospital, so I wanted you to give me a hand concerning some analisis rezults. I made them for my 5 years old daughter and I wonder if it is normal as I did not see a doctor yet. here you have some of the things that I don’t understand.

color -yellow mostly transparent
protein 0.070
response to blood-negative
epithelium flat - 1-2
leucocitis- 2-3
mucus - +
salts - oxalate +. It the general urine analisis.

thank you!

Hi Fatum,
Is your daughter ill?
I’m so sorry.
Normally the result of urine analysis bij healthy person is negative for each subject.
The color is transparent so it’s okay as the result of blood in the urine was also normal.
The rest of the tests are slightly positive so I don’t think you have to be worry.
I hope your daughter will be okay soon.
About religion, first of all for me it must not be a problem for friendship.
I live in a Christian environment.
My family is Catholic but to be honest I am not really a practicing Catholic. Neither is my son. It’s difficult to explain why we decided not to be practicing Christian actually.
Maybe for the similar reason why you are converted to Islam.
Important is that we live in peace, don’t you think?
Are there many Muslims in Moldova? Am I right if I think that the main religion in Moldova is Christian Orthodox?
I’ll see you again soon.
Take care

hi April!!! so happy to hear from you again!!! :D. Thank you for explaining those analisis to me. my daughter is ok right now! But she suffered a kidney infection three years ago, so, I made for her a routine analisis! And you are right! Moldova is a Christian Orthodox country. There a few muslims living here. But islam it is not legal yet. they are trying to legalize it, so it will be a little bit easier to live in this community! It is complicated because people are making it complicated. It is difficult to walk on the street with people gazing at you!!! :shock: I wonder how are muslims treated in Belgium???I guess there are a lot of them there!
what about your hobbies??? what do you like most to do during your free time???Me for example I like to listen to music, I like to navigate through the internet, and I like to watch spanish movies!!! actually I like spanish very mush! I like how it sounds!!!
Hope to hear from you soon April! Bye!!!

Hi Fatum,
Yes there are quite a lot Muslims here but I’m not sure how many.
There is a freedom of religious persuasion but sometimes there is also conflict.
For example about wearing headscarf at school.
But I think there is always pros and cons everywhere even in the islamic countries.
About my hobbies: I used to play tennis but now I do line dance every week.
Do you know line dancing? I love line dancing. You do your physical exercises and you listen to the music also.
I watch TV a lot either. Films, soap opera, documentary and news.
I am addicted to the internet like you especially the last months since I’ve joined the English forums.
You still have young children so you must organize your time very well to manage your household I think.
Do you watch TV a lot? I watch film on TV so I rarely go to the cinema.
Have a nice weekend Fatum.
See you again

H Torsten
i have attempted to record my voice.i was installed java and recoded my voice several times but i made unable to hear again than its found me empty.whether i can not hear my own voice after recorded it?

Hello everyone,
I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
May your days will be full of joy, love and happiness.
And may 2010 will bring us a better world, a peaceful world.

hi Junpi
i am reyas. i think your accent is very nice and clear.
in fact i liked your voice
keep in touch with me
thank u

hemhmoh@hotmail.com
reyas

Good afternon to all the administratores, to all members of this perfect forum. I hope my voice meesage seems clear… this is my first message in the speaking field. And I’ll do my best to record other messages.
By the way…
What about my English?
Thank you very much

Thanks you…:smiley:
But in my school,my speaking english is not so good
But I will try more :smiley:
thank you again!

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

I DRANK FOR MY FRIEND
The man always went to the same bar at the same time every day and asked for two glasses of beer. He drank them and then asked for two more.
One day the man behind the bar said to him, “why do you always ask for two glasses of beer? Why don’t you get one big glass instead?”
The man answered, “Because I do not like to drink alone. I drink with my friend.”
But a few days later the man came in and asked only for one beer.
“Oh”, said the barman “has your friend died?”
“Oh”, no “said the man. “He is very well. This beer is for him. But I have stopped drinking beer. My doctor doesn’t want me to drink anymore because it is dangerous for me”.

Hello Kittos,

I hope the voice message will work at this time. My name is Andreia and I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I just want to practise my english a bit.

Take care.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

first round,

i hope this message find you all well, I’m Adel from Egypt. I’m 41 years and i work for 5 star hotel in Cairo the capital and I’m a very very happy man I re- conciliated with my life , loved everything around. life if very green and sweet I wish every one to feel what I’m feeling. at the second round I will tell you how i spend my day

Dear Kitos,

You are right and this what happens to me every time. I can read, write perfectly, but when I try to pronounce the whole sentence in an appropriate way, then I have a feeling of unsatisfaction and failure. Though I try it so hard to make my sound like native,it doesn’t work as much as I’d like to. So this suggestions from you and the other native speakers I found relly useful and thanks for that.
Would you please mind correcting my pronounciation right here?

Hello everyone…!!

I got my TOEFL iBT result

Reading 26
Listening 26
Speaking 26
Writing 28

Big thanks to all of you for helping me getting the desired score. I am a new member here and first time writing a forum.
Before my exam i read all the tips and questions provided here, that helped me a lot during the exam.

Thanks again

Hi Maria,
I think I’m in the same boat as your are with the only different being I’m still struggling to translates my thoughts in my native tongue into English. As you are, I don’t have much difficulty in mimicking correct sound of individual words with the help of accent training audio CD. But when it comes down to speaking the whole sentence, I find myself having a hard time producing my sound as natural as possible. I just don’t feel it natural at all. Well, for intonation, I’m totally lack in that department. :slight_smile:

What I’m doing right now to improve is that, I’m giving few minutes to this subforum everyday so that my tongue knows how to manoeuvre in full sentences without any problem. For intonation, I watch movies;actually, tv series because movies are really time consuming and I don’t have that much time to spare. Tv series are normally not longer than an hour and, even then, I can’t watch everyday; Just every other day. I believe if I practice hard enough, I will get to the level, at which I fully satisfy the way I speak, not long after.

HI! everybody.I haven’t come back for a long time.I hope My return will be better than before because I try to study hard, especcially in speaking skill.I know it’s nor perfect but I hope people can help me .Thank to all .:smiley: