"Jimmy dared me to knock on the door of the Bradley house. Mr. Bradley yelled at me for several minutes last week when I lost a ball in his yard. I went up to the door and knocked but nothing happened. I turned around to leave and I could hear the door opening behind me. I ran lickety- ..... all the way home but I won the bet," Charlie told Joey.

"Jimmy dared me to knock on the door of the Bradley house. Mr. Bradley yelled at me for several minutes last week when I lost a ball in his yard. I went up to the door and knocked but nothing happened. I turned around to leave and I could hear the door opening behind me. I ran lickety- ..... all the way home but I won the bet," Charlie told Joey. (*) smack (*) split (*) slight (*) slippery

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/14297,jimmy-dared-me-to-knock-on-the-door-of-the-bradley-house-mr-bradley-yelled-at-me-for-several-minutes-last-week-when-i-lost-a-ball-in-his-yard-i-went-up-to-the-door-and-knocked-but-nothing-happened-i-turned-around-to-leave-and-i-could-hear-the-door-opening-behind-me-i-ran-lickety-___-all-the-way-home-but-i-won-the-bet-charlie-told-joey/