Jewelry vs concert ticket

You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert you want to attend. Which would you buy? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Were I to receive a gift of money, I would definitely choose to buy a piece of jewelry, instead of a ticket to attend a concert. This is mainly because it is a very good investment, it is permanent and chic. The reasons of my statement will be explained as follows.

First of all, acquiring jewelry is an outstanding investiment. The value of a gold jewelry may increase year after year. Were I to have a serious financial problem, I would sell that piece of jewelry, in order to have money to face an economic crisis. Also, I could pawn it and get it back later on, if I felt a great attachment to it. In contrast, if I bought a concert ticket, my money would be gone, as I could not sell or pawn a used concert ticket.

On top of that, jewelry symbolizes perpetuity. Have you heard the famous commercial slogan of De Beers: “Diamonds is forever”? It is an item to memorize some special occasions. For instance, whenever I watch my brand-named watch sweets memories come to my mind. I recall that it was a present for encouragement from my parents. On the contrary, a concert is ethereal, because it lasts only a moment.

What is more, jewelry stands for luxury. Certainly, I will be distinguished among others in formal social events, if I wear a suitable and decent piece of jewelry. I will be so elegant with a necklace, a bracelet, a ring or a pair of earrings, that everyone will compliment me on my good taste. Every woman should have at least a piece of jewelry to set off her personal beauty.

All in all, bearing all of the above mentioned, without hesitation, I would prefer to buy a jewelry rather than a concert ticket, because I want something that is worth keeping and wearing for important celebrations. I want to feel that I am a glamorous person from time to time.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which characteristic of Ireland does the professor utilize in his lecture?

You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert you want to attend. Which would you buy? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Were I to receive a gift of money, I would definitely choose to buy a piece of jewellery, instead of a ticket to attend a concert. This is mainly because it is a very good investment, it is permanent and chic. The reasons FOR my statement will be explained as follows.

First of all, acquiring jewellery is an outstanding investment. The value of a gold jewellery may increase year after year. Were I to have a serious financial problem, I Could sell that piece of jewellery, in order to have money to face an economic crisis.
CONVERSELY, I could pawn it and get it back later on if I felt a great attachment to it. In contrast, if I bought a concert ticket, my money would be gone, as I could not sell or pawn a used concert ticket.

On top of that, jewellery symbolizes perpetuity. Have you heard the famous commercial slogan of De Beers: “Diamonds ARE forever”? It is an item to memorize some special occasions. For instance, whenever I watch my brand-named watch sweets memories come to my mind. I recall that it was a present for encouragement from my parents. On the contrary, a concert is ethereal, because it lasts only a moment.

What is more, jewellery stands for luxury. Certainly, I will be distinguished among others in formal social events, if I wear a suitable and decent piece of jewellery. I will be so elegant with a necklace, a bracelet, a ring or a pair of earrings, that everyone will compliment me on my good taste. Every woman should have at least ONE piece of jewellery to set off her personal beauty.

All in all, bearing all of the above mentioned, without hesitation, I would prefer to buy jewellery rather than a concert ticket, because I want something that is worth keeping and wearing for important celebrations. I want to feel that I am a glamorous person from time to time.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
jewellery, not jewelry

Good work Mil, but a bit repetitive.
Kitos. 8/10

Thanks for the assessment, Kitos.

I’m writing in American style, so I use the word jewelry instead of jewellery.

What did I repeat a lot: the word jewelry or the ideas?

The word! I hate Am.Eng.

I see. Then, I will write in Brithish style, just for your sake. :stuck_out_tongue:

I should have used the words jewels, gems and stones, shouldn’t I?