I've been having/ I've had a lot of nasty dreams. Which one is the more correct?

Hi everyone,

Let me make my question clearer by the following examples and questions:

• I’ve been having a lot of nasty dreams (night mares if you will) lately. (Does this mean that the speaker assumes or thinks that the dreams are likely to continue or will continue?)

• I’ve had a lot of nasty dreams lately. (Does this mean that the speaker assumes that the dreams are likely to continue, will continue or that they may have stopped recently or as we speak)

• I’ve been dealing with insincerity all day long. (Does this mean that the insincerity is likely to continue or will continue?)

• I’ve dealt with insincerity all day long. (Does this mean that the insincerity is likely to continue or may have stopped recently?)

Are the tenses Present Progressive and Present Perfect correctly used in these sentences?

By the way, did I use my modals correctly?

Thanks
Alexandro

To me, none of those examples contain any indication of whether or not the dreams/insincerity are expected to continue.

Thanks Beeesneees for your reply, but how would you interpret them? Please, could you give me some clarification?
Would you use another tense? or is: ‘I’ve been having nightmares lately.’ wrong?

Thanks
Alexandro.

They are all correct. I would accept them all without seeking an ‘interpretation’ of the finer points regarding the tense.

Thank you very much, but that’s the way I am, I always look for an interpretation of the finer points. Well, never mind, I’ll do as you suggest. Alexandro.

In #1, one said how he had been spending his nights in the previous days while sleeping. (Focus is on the action)
In #2, one said that he rather had had a lot of nasty dreams in the previous days when sleeping (not a few). (Focus is on the result of the event happened)

These two I would use in different situations as follows.

How have you been sleeping lately?
#1. I have been having a lot of nasty dreams.

Have you had a lot or just a few of them?
#2 I’ve had a lot of nasty dreams lately. Or simply, “A lot.”

Please someone correct all my mistakes in this post. Thanks

i agree with you E2e4.