It is more important to keep old friends than to make new friends

hello everybody, nice to meet all of you.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more important to keep old friends than to make new friends

Which is more important, to keep old friends or to make new friends? While many people think that they should expend new relationships as much as possible, in my view, wonderful as the advantages that making new friends results in are, they cannot compete with the benefits that keeping old friends brings about.
The mostly importantly, all relationships involve in trust; in the other words I think old friends is more reliable than new friends. When people are in trouble, they can always turn to their old friends for help. For a true friendship, a good friend is always ready to help us disinterestedly whatever he or she can do in his or her touch. They will support you in your life even if everyone else stand the opposite side of you. Old friend, who have many shared memories and met you for a long time, know much more about each other, such as hobby, favorite food, best-loved movies and also characteristic, etc. People can even share the secrets and problems that they do not want others to know to true friends who are sympathetic and may not reveal theirs. Thus, people feel more comfortable with their old friends These things build a tight bond and that bond in turn creates a level of responsibility. If people just take advantages of their friends, they would be betraying the friendship when it bring benefits to them. It is nice to make new friends, but your first reasonability is to the friends you already have.
Secondly, cultivating a genuine friendship takes too much time. Individuals need time to know each other, if we make too many friends, we might only spend a short period of time for it. Thus, it can be said that we would probably have no true friends. Some people make a number of friends every day .They play and laugh together, however, when it comes to an emergency, the so-called friends might back out of a help. On the other hand, the person, who are never worried about keeping old friends, would be free to act in a completely selfish manner. Because the person would not care if the people he or she harmed by doing so remained friends or not, the relationship might be interrupted rapidly.
I want to finish my writing by display this proverb; “the loser has many friends the winner has good friends’

thanks for your reading

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on American social history

1 Like

Well. I never distinguish the new friend and the old friend. When I migrate from one place to another, I lose no time in making new connections, Well goes an English saying “birds of a feature flock together!”, I am lucky to meet new friends who are as good as my old friends. Friendship is the source of hapiness. I’d like to share with you my principle that rarely genuine friends is from a group of new friends. Anyway a friend in need is a friend indeed.
Glad to meet you here!

1 Like

thank you for your sharing, Hhunasa
nice to meet you too

1 Like

Nice essay except some grammar errors. Try to balance between the two body paragraphs.
Good luck! ^^!

Kelvin

1 Like