It is important to know every event happening around the world

Hi, good morning, Kitos! Thanks so much for review my essay.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is important to know every event happening around the world even if it is unlikely to have any effect on your daily life.

It’s important for us to know what is going on around the world. But, is it necessary to know every single event cross over the globe? From my angle, it is completely unnecessary to know each of them. My reasons will shed light on my standpoint as follows.

First of all, I’m not a politician. Therefore, watching other countries closely is not my duty. Compared with the happening that is unlikely to make any impact on me, there are more practical things needing me to deal with. For example, I need to improve my English so as I can get a good score in the Toefl test, enter the college later, and contribute to the society in the future.

In addition, there are tons of events showing up every single day. According to my limited energy and time, it’s not realizable to get to know every event happened all over the world. There is not much time left for me after excluding the time for eating, sleeping, working, studying. In addition, there are plenty of trifles I have to deal with, such as: laundry, house cleaning, shopping, etc. As a result, I barely have time and energy to go through all the occurrences occurred in other countries.

Furthermore, in general, my concern hardly has any effect on those events. If my interest can contribute teeny tiny help to them resolve the problem or live better, I am happy to do that. But in the huge numbers of occurrences, I cannot make any impact on them.

Admittedly, it is vital for us to know the major events happened cross over the globe, such as: globe warming, economic crisis, the measures governments are going to take, and how we can be helpful. But there are some things we don’t have to know each day, for example, which nation is in holiday today. Moreover, some events are truly not my cup of tea. Take food ball as example. As for football fans, they are not willing to miss any big games, and they know which club every football star belongs to. On the contrary, I scarcely know the names of those stars.

To sum up, it is unnecessary to know all events occurred in the world, according to the limitation of our time, energy, and the interest.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor discuss World War II?

1 Like
1 Like

It is important that we know what is going on in the world. But is it necessary to know every single event around the globe? In my opinion, it is completely unnecessary to know every single event. My reasons will explain my point of view as follows.

First of all, I am not a politician. Therefore, it is not my job to observe other countries closely. Compared with the events that are unlikely to affect me, there are more practical things I need to deal with. For example, I need to improve my English so that I can do well in the Toefl test, study at university later, and contribute to society in the future.

Besides, there are a lot of events every day. With my limited energy and time, it is not feasible to follow all the events around the world. Apart from the time for eating, sleeping, working and studying, I don’t have much time. Besides, there are many little things that I have to take care of, such as doing laundry, cleaning the house, shopping, and so on. As a result, I hardly have time and energy to deal with all that is happening in other countries.

Moreover, my interest generally has little impact on these events. If my interest can make a tiny contribution to solving the problem or leading a better life, then I’m happy to do so. But with the large number of events, I can’t make an impact.

Granted, it’s important that we know about the big events around the world, such as global warming, the economic crisis, what governments will do, and how we can help. But there are some things we don’t need to know every day, such as which nation is on vacation today. Also, some events are really not my thing. Take the food ball, for example. Soccer fans never miss a big game, and they know which club each soccer star belongs to. I, on the other hand, hardly know the names of these stars.

To sum up, it is not necessary to know all the events in the world because our time, energy and interest are limited.