Is this sentence structure correct?

I’m reading an article on Marketing Content but I have a doubt about this sentence:

Dr. Bennis’s provides a blueprint for tactics that marketing leaders can use to deeply understand the current culture by creating environments that thrive on open communication and flattened management structures.

I think this should be a parallel structure, but correct me if I wrong “thrive” on is in present and “flattened” in past participle??

I don’t sure about my analysis, but here is my alternative: … environments that thrived on open communication and flattened management structures.

Thanks in advance,

That is fine. “Flattened” is acting as an adjective.

Dear Mr. Allan/ Mr. Torsten,

In your newsletter you write something like these, ‘‘most people struggle when it comes to changing the habits’’ or ‘‘I look forward to hearing your comments’’. I thought that an infinitive ‘‘to’’ must be followed with verb without ‘‘ing’’, example: ‘‘to change, not to changing’’, Or ‘‘to hear, not to hearing.’’ Could you please explain this for me, Sir? Thank you.

Hi, friend. Your instincts are not correct here. “To” is a preposition in these sentences, and thus the infinitive form would be incorrect. You need a gerund. The preposition “to” does not take an infinitive.

I look forward to our vacation. - Note that this is a noun and not a verb. A gerund acts as a noun, so its use in this same position should not be surprising. (Infinitives can act as nouns, too, but not here.)

When it comes to music, I am hard to please. - The same thing is at work here.

If you see an infinitive after “look forward,” the idiomatic phrasal verb will not be (correctly) used. It should literally mean to look ahead of you.

“I looked forward to see the billboard.” - I directed my eyes to the billboard.