Is this practical?

They will never go in double harness.

Is this phrase used in daily dialogue between people in English countries?

What I know about it is that it indicates “inability to cooperation”

This idiom is not common in the US - I have never heard of it. A related idiom is “equally yoked”, but it usually refers to a married couple who are both Christian, though the Bible verse where this expression is from does not even mention marriage: “Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness?”

To ’ go in double harness’ is not common in the UK as far as I am concerned either.

Thanks a lot. Here, language learners pride themselves to know an English proverb but as you pointed it is an uncommon phrase.

[size=150]The cock of the walk.[/size]

What about it? Have you ever heard it?

It means ‘a dominating person’.

Thanks Sir, however, what I doubt is the amount of use of some terms in conversation.
Instead, I suppose people read many of them in books and treasures which are not meaningful enough between people of English societies.
Is your definition exact when you are stating the phrase while talking to a citizen of Manchester?

By the way, ‘in double harness’ = married (informal) Origin: 1865-1870, Americanism
dictionary.reference.com/browse/ … le+harness

It’s not clear which phrase or which definition you are referring to now as two phrases have been introduced into this thread.
It’s also not clear which ‘Manchester’ you are referring to.

I wrote it generally sir.

please look at some of sentences below which my friends read
and believe to be very interesting and meaningful:

1.what is the damage?(how much is it)
2.Fortune is fickle.
3.why do you always pick on me?
4.Behind you!