Is there any difference?

I just wanted to know if there is any difference at all if i read or if i listen to cassetes?would both influence my english or would one be better than the other?which one would help me moreto improve my english:?:

It’s best to do various activities - reading, listening, writing and speaking. You will achieve the best results if you combine those four disciplines. For example, you can listen to a tape or watch a film and read the tapescript/the captions at the same time. Also, it’s important that you practise your skills as often as possible.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Three kids in the snow[YSaerTTEW443543]

And what about if you don’t know many words from the text? It’s a hard procedure to look for each unknown word in dictionary.

Hi Alex,

You don’t have to look up every new word in the dictionary. If you use an English-English dictionary you can read the definition of keywords that appear often through the text. This method has a much better long term effect than translating words into your mother tongue. Also, if you think that the text you are reading contains too many unknown words - find another text that is easier for you to understand and read more often.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Could I have some help with the photocopier?[YSaerTTEW443543]