Is punctuation correct?

Is punctuation correct in these sentences?

1. In scientific papers singular personal pronoun I tends to be replaced by a plural form.

2. The stages of speech preparation include: investigating the topic, finding the materials, and outlining the speech.

3. Although he presents little evidence to prove his position, the arguments generally seem to be plausible.

4. The scientist presented his theory, and went on to attack the opponents.

5. Lora was late for beginning of the test; consequently, she failed to complete it on time.

6. When writing scientific papers, the scholars have to conduct a vast amount of research in order to sound reasonable and persuasively.

7. After looking through the photos, he exclaimed in a surprise, “Can it be you?”
    Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum! Most of them are correct. I was able to spot a few errors though:

2 Likes

Hah, I’ve gotten the same questions for my test :slight_smile: Except for the last one, my seventh question was about US history. I wonder where did you get the questions? Was it local courses like mine, or it’s just a usual online test? It’s strange that teachers still use these questions, even though they are at least 2 years old. Creating new questions is a 10 min deal, I don’t get the problem. As I know, large web projects use their own developments. Currently, I’m learning and the questions are pretty unique. I don’t think it costs too much…

2 Likes