Is "He don't know" correct ?

I have heard “He don’t know” several times from some movies and dramas.
So I am curious if “He don’t know” is correct ?
Isn’t it suppose to be “He doesn’t know” ?

(Sorry for my poor English, please correct any mistake that I have made)

Hi Whoami412,

Yes, it is grammatically correct to say “He doesn’t know”. That is the format you should use.

The use of don’t in that sentence is grammatically incorrect. It is a sub-standard slang usage. Not everyone uses it, and you should NOT try to imitate it.

[color=darkblue]____________________________________________________________________
[size=75]“Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.” ~ Albert Einstein[/size]

Thanks a lot ^^

Your reply helps me a lot
^^
Is this sentence correct? Is this situation suitable for using simple present tense ?
Or it is better to be in simple past tense or present perfect tense ?
Please help me solve this question.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I don’t understand your question, Whoami.
Do you want to know whether the tense was correct in your first question? (The present perfect ‘have heard’ was OK there.)

[color=darkblue]______________________________________________________
[size=75]“Existence really is an imperfect tense that never becomes a present.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche[/size]

Sorry for confusing you.
Actually i meant " Your reply helps me a lot ".
I don’t know what tense should I use. I am not sure is that correct.
I don’t know whether is “your reply has helped me” or “your reply helped me” or “your reply helps me” correct.

Or I ask my question in another way,

A lot of websites show that present perfect tense is used when specified time is mentioned (just an example)
-Is this considered as truth? Is simple present tense correct to be used here?

A lot of websites have shown that present perfect tense is used when specified time is mentioned
-I didn’t mention specified time in this sentence, so is it correct if I used present
perfect tense?

Sorry for asking a lot of questions.
Thanks in advance.

I prefer,‘Your reply has helped me.’

Hi Whoami412,

These three forms have slightly different meanings:

It helps me suggests that you find something is helpful and this is a simple statement of fact.

It helped me suggests that you found something was helpful at a particular time in the past as in: It helped me to understand the answer when you explained it to me last week.

It has helped me suggests that you have found something has been helpful and the idea is that this has happened recently and I am thinking about it now.

Alan

Thanks for the kind replies.

Sorry I think I have a question about this sentence.

Is the sentence above also imply “I don’t think it is helpful now” ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

No, I wouldn’t interpret it as that. You would have to say something more explicit as: It helped me once but not any longer.

Alan

Thanks.
I was worry about conveying wrong message …
Thanks again because those replies are really helpful.

Please correct me if I have made any mistake.

As you request it:
I was worried about conveying the wrong message

:slight_smile:

Thanks for correcting me. I am glad you have corrected my mistake. Thanks.

Is “I worried about…” same meaning as “I was worried” ?
Is “I was worrying” correct ?

Sorry for asking so many questions.
I always have a lot of questions no matter where am I or what am I doing …

Thanks.

I was worried about - I had worries, but I no longer have them. It often indicates that you have recently stopped worrying, but this is not always the case.
I worried about - In the past I had worries.
(So yes, by and large they have the same meaning. ‘was’ emphasises the action of worrying.)

I was worrying’ is also possible:
I was worrying about conveying the wrong message before I read your post.

Never apologise for being inquisitive enough to ask questions. It’s one of the best ways of learning.