Is Facebook in decline?

According to several studies the popularity of the social platform number one, Facebook, is in decline. Especially young users are leaving Facebook or not signing up with it in the first place. Regardless of this development, Facebook still has around 2bn active users which is almost half the world’s population. So what about you? Do you have a Facebook account and if so, how and how often do you use it?

Yes, I have two of my own, and I am a member of about a dozen. I post very rarely on my page but I visit a couple of other pages as often as twice or thrice a day. And I do participate very actively in the discussions. Do you collect these statistics for any study or research, Torsten?

Since cyber crimes have become culpable, and the cyber law is being made more stringent these days, there can be a decline in the use of Facebook although it may be imperceptible or insignificant at the moment.

I Lawrence, what do you mean when you say you are a number of a dozen? A dozen of Facebook groups or do you mean you are following a dozen Facebook pages via your newsfeed? As for your question, no I’m not conducting any type of formal study, I’m just interested in learning other people’s view on issues of social media and online platforms such as our forum.