Introduction: I am Sousa from East Timor...

Hi, everybody i am Sousa from East Timor

It’s great to learn again the basic ways in making a question, I did the exercises very well. I look forward to learn more …thanks

sousa
u r welcome

Hi…How are you doing? i guess you are doing well.
How do you find the English course that you are taking?

I am happy to be part of the forum. I hope, everything would be fine.
Oh…no there are some problems i am facing, “grammar, idioms and writing” i hope you guys will help to
overcome these problems… thanks …

Hi,
I have a problem.
Once i was invited to the Birthday Party but i was not able to go
because i had a meeting. It was so difficult to say no to my friends.
So what is the good expression in English in saying “no” to a good friend.

What is conjunctive verbs? i am leaning it in school now but i do not really know how to use it.

I am sorry, I THINK THAT i will not come
or
I am sorry, I am afraid that i will not come

The conjunction
It would be very unusual for anyone to either speak or write completely in simple sentences; instead we tend to use a mixture of simple, compound and complex sentences. One way to create longer, more complicated sentences is to use conjunctions. As we have already noted in the section on types of clause, conjunctions serve to connect two or more clauses, phrases or words together to make longer constructions. In the following examples, the conjunction is in bold:

The coffee was strong, but sweet.
We can go to the match or watch it on TV.
She has a dog and two cats.
When I arrived home, they had already eaten.
I had to stop driving because the rain was so bad.
Can I have a word with you, if you’ve got the time?
Although he can’t swim, he goes sailing.
There are two types of conjunction. The first is the coordinating conjunction; examples of this can be seen in sentences a to c above. This type is always used to connect elements that share the same grammatical status, that is, main clause to main clause, verb to verb, noun to noun, adjective to adjective and so on. In sentence a two adjectives, strong and sweet, are conjoined, in b two verbs, go and watch and c two nouns, dog and cats.

The second type is the subordinating conjunction, which most often joins two or more unequal clauses to one another. Typically a main clause will be connected to a subordinate clause as we saw in the section on clause types. So in sentences d to g above, the subordinate clause (which you will remember cannot stand on its own, but needs another more important clause to complete the meaning) begins with a conjunction, here when, because, if and although

Thank you that was a great explanatin.
I look forward to ask you more questions …thanks…!!