Introduction / an idea on learning techniques

Hello dear friends, my name is Elena, I’m from Russia and I work in a small shipping agency. I’ve just discovered this brilliant site with lovely tests and this forum seems a great tool of exchanging ideas.

Here’s is one:
Learning languages is actually my hobby and I just love English for its brilliant sense of humour, another hobby is music - I’m a fan of many British and American pop and rock bands and singers. My favourite learning technique is listening to English songs and trying to grasp the lyrics. it works best if you enjoy the tune! If some of you are like me you might have a favourite line from a song or maybe a poem, or a favourite quote. It could be something funny or beautiful or just smart. Mine is:

“My candle burns at both ends, but it gives a lovely light”

What is yours?
And what is the learning technique that works best for you?

Hi Elena,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for sharing your learning experiences with us. Yes, music can be a very effective medium, interestingly enough the British isles seems to be motherland of pop music - most world famous bands are from the UK, wouldn’t you agree? As for my favourite line, I like lyrics that contain some food for thought.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Could I have some help with the photocopier?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hallo,Helena!
I’m very glad to meet you here.I like to study foreign languages like you-it’s my hobby. I had graduated Institute of International tourism-there I had learned 3 languages-French,Czech and English.It’s another question that I had forgotten all of them.Here, in the forum ,I will try to improve my English.But about your topic-excepting that I’m here lately,I often swich on CNN or Euronews channel and try to understand as more as I can.Sometimes,when I see the film ,I try to translate the speech before subtitles.I’m deeply convinced that this is one of the useful techniques to study foreign languages.