INTRODUCE MY HOME TOWN

I was born in Go Dau, a town in the north west of Tay Ninh province. Go Dau is on the bank river Vam Co. It is small, with a population of about 20000 people. There are a border with Campodia. There are five bridges over Vam Co river which link Go Dau to next town… Ben Cau where there is one of the city Mat troi.
Go Dau town is near border with Campodia. So the almost people do business. They buy something in Viet nam then they sell to Combodia and back. The good is almost are article of daily necessity
But a few year ago Go Dau develop industry. The goverment find the way attact foreign invested capital. There are 2 industrial park was open.
I love Go Dau town that why I come back GoDau town after I graduted Universty.

This is my Topic. somebody can help me to correct.
Thanks.

Hi Huyen,
I’d like to correct some mistakes in your paragraph. I opened a topic like yours and learned much knowledge. Nice to meet you.

I was born in Go Dau, a town in the north west of Tay Ninh province. Go Dau is on the bank of the river Vam Co. It is small, with a population of about 20000 people. There (are) is a border with Campodia. There are five bridges over Vam Co river which link Go Dau to next town. (Ben Cau where there is one of the city Mat troi.) (I think you want to say: "One of them, Ben Cau, is an important bridge which links Go Dau to Mat Troi city.)
Go Dau town is near the border with Campodia. So (the almost) (you can not use “the almost people”) most people here do business. They buy something in Viet Nam then (they) (‘they’ is unnecessary here) sell to (Combodia) Campodia and come back. Most of the (good) goods (is) are (almost) (are) (you can not use another ‘to be’ verb here) the articles of daily necessity.
But a few (year) years ago, (Go Dau develop industry) industry has been developed in Go Dau. The goverment (find) has found the way to (attact) attract foreign (invested) capital (or you can use ‘foreign investment’). There are 2 industrial (park) parks (was) were (open) opened.
I love Go Dau town. That why I (come) came back to Go Dau town after I (graduted) graduated from universty.

I’d like to help you with my abilities. The moderators will give you more knowledge.
Sincerely,
AnhXuan

Hi Huyen,

I would like to correct some mistakes, If I am wrong Please advice me on this.

I born in Go Dau (still you living there), a town in the north west of Tay Ninh province. Go Dau is on the bank river Vam Co. It is small with (a)the population of about 20,000 people. It is a compodia border.(There are a border with Campodia). There are five bridges over Vam Co river which link Go Dau to next town.Ben Cau where there is one of the city Mat troi.
Go Dau town is near (to the border of Compodia) border with Campodia. So (most of the people doing bussiness) the almost people do business. They (the commodities is between Vietnam and combodia.)They buy something in Viet nam then they sell to Combodia and back. The good is almost are article of daily necessity
But a few year ago Go Dau develop industry. (Now GO Dau developed by the Industry and the GOV )The goverment find the way attact foreign invested capital. There are 2 industrial park was open (Opened).
I love Go Dau town that why I come back GoDau town after I graduted Universty. (I am loving the Go Dau town, So I came back after completed the graudation.

Hi Askarr,
Nice to meet you. I think ‘making mistakes and learning form them’ is the good way to learn English. So let’s have a discussion about this paragraph. :slight_smile:
Your correction has some problems. They are:
“I born in Go Dau.” This sentence is wrong. Huyen’s sentence is correct: “I was born in Go Dau”.
“Go Dau is on the bank river Vam Co” should be: “Go Dau is on the bank of the river Vam Co”. (preposition)
“It is a compodia border” is wrong. “There is a border with Cambodia” can be used.
“Go Dau town is near (to the border of Compodia) border with Campodia” should be: “Go Dau town is near the border with Cambodia.
'So (most of the people doing bussiness) the almost people do business” should be: “So most of people do bussiness”.
“They buy something in Viet nam then they sell to Combodia and back. The good is almost are article of daily necessity” should be: “They buy something in Viet Nam then sell to Cambodia and return. Most of the goods are the articles of daily necessity”
“But a few year ago Go Dau develop industry. (Now GO Dau developed by the Industry and the GOV )The goverment find the way attact foreign invested capital. There are 2 industrial park was open (Opened)” should be "But a few years ago, industry has been developed in Go Dau. The goverment has found the way to attract foreign capital. There are 2 industrial parks were opened.
“I love Go Dau town that why I come back GoDau town after I graduted Universty. (I am loving the Go Dau town, So I came back after completed the graudation.” is grammatically wrong.
“I love Go Dau town. That’s why I came back here after I graduated from universty.” is more correct.
AnhXuan

Hi Anh Xuan

Thanks for your visited my topic.
But I wonder about a sentence “There are a border with Combidia”. This sentence must be “is” not “are”. Because a border is singular.

Hi,

Hope you doing fine !

Thanks for the corrections, I wonder about your sentences and it will be very useful for me.

thanks,
Askar

Hi Huyen. Hi Askarr.
I’m very happy to meet all of you and have a discussion about English vocabulary and grammar. We can learn much knowledge by helping each other. Nice to meet you. I hope we can have more interesting discussions in the future.
AnhXuan
Ps: Hi Huyen, as my corrections, I wrote: “There (are) is a border with Campodia.” I meant ‘is’ must be used. You are right.
And I’d like to correct some mistakes that you have just made:
“Thanks for your visited my topic.” is grammatically wrong. It should be: “Thanks for your visit to my topic”. In this sentence, visit is a noun. (visit to sb/st, visit from sb)
Or for short, you can write: “Thanks for your visit”
And I think "This sentence must be “is” not “are” makes a wrong sense. " The verb in this sentence must be “is” not “are” is better.
Sincerely,

Hi Anh Xuan

Nice to meet you.

Thanks for your information. I noted it.
I have learn English long time ago. But my English is still bad.
I don’t remember grammar well.

Hi Huyen,
We are bad at English. That’s why we are here to study. By making the mistakes and learning from them, we can improve our English. I hope you will post some essays so that we could have more useful discussions.
AnhXuan

Hi Anh Xuan.

I just review article and I do test. But I don’t understand why the sentence use article “a”.
Please see the sentence as follow: Mercedes announced a 20% profit for the first half of the year.
Waitting your reply.
Huyen

‘Profit’ in this case is a countable noun.

Remember that ‘a’ has the meaning of ‘one’ and in that sentence it suggests a single profit of 20%.

Alan

Hello !
Congrats to your blooming life together with your blushing child.
Thank you!

Did you want use to do something with your message, Griemeade?

Hi Mr Alan and Mrs Beeesneees,
We are grateful to you for the the helps. Your explanations are always helpful.
I hope you will have a good day at work.
AnhXuan

Dear All

Thanks everybody helping.

Huyen

Hi,Huyen.I’m Honeymoon93, a new member.I want to know how I can send my writing to other members correct it[/b]

Just post your writing in a message. (If it’s an essay, select the correct forum from the home page).

hello to every one
i am a new member here .its good to we know our mistake .i am week in tens and speeling .many time i write wrong spell .i dont know how to improve that i try alot to write correct sentance and spelling .i hope u will help me
bye

India is my country, Mahathma Gandhi who is our father of nation, He fought with English and got the freedom to India @ 1947 in the non violation way. He is a Lawyer studied in England.

He sacrificed his life for Indian peoples.

Hi Friends, If there is Mistakes. Please correct my way.

Thanks in Advance, Askar