International friends

International friends

I’ve been to travelling round Europe all summer. It’s the first time I’ve ever been going abroad, and I’ve had a fantastic time! I’ve seen loads of interesting places and I have to also made loads of new friends. I’ve been decided to stay in touch with them now I’m back. One of them, Giselle, is French. She was making on holiday too. We now send text messages are to each other all the time. They’re usually in English because my French isn’t very good! I’m planning to have visit her in France next year sometime. I hope I can. I am love meeting people from other countries! I want to have had lots of friends from all over the world! Travelling certainly broadens the mind but it also is broadens your circle of friends!

Do you think the sentence ‘I’ve decided to keep in touch with them now that I’ve returned’ is too short and hard to understand? Even if I keep reading, I understand that ‘I’m back’ means going back to their country, but the sentence still feels incomplete to me.

2 Likes

As written, I would assume this means you returned to the your home.
( I am assuming you are the writer. )

Back can reference your home, or any of the places you visited. To be clear, it would help to specify which place you are referring to.

3 Likes

I’ve been travelling around Europe all summer. It’s my first time abroad and I’ve had a fantastic time! I’ve seen lots of interesting places and made lots of new friends. I’ve decided to keep in touch with them now that I’m back. One of them, Giselle, is French. She was also on holiday. We text each other all the time now. They’re usually in English because my French isn’t very good! I’m planning to visit her in France sometime next year. I hope I can. I love meeting people from other countries! I wish I had lots of friends from all over the world! Travelling certainly broadens your mind, but it also broadens your circle of friends!

1 Like