integrated writing ...history

Good evening kitos, this writing i’ve timed myself when i was writing it, I really need to be fast in order to prepare myself for the exam. Therefore, it might be worse than the first one. please check it for me and tell me what i need to improve. thank you in advance

The reading passage and the listening passage are about the right definition of the history. The reading passage discusses the definition of history and the listening passage supports it totally and provides two examples.

The reading passage argues that history is not about everything which happened in the past. Moreover, it is impossible to record all the events in the past. In addition, many events have not been recorded because of their huge number. Therefore, the reading passage mentions that the definition of the history contains two important parts, the first part is a selection, there should be a selection of events because it is very difficult to record everything, the second part is interpretation of event which is based on the opinions and supposition of the historians who record the events.

The listening passage supports the reading passage completely, it mentions two different biographies are published about a man’s life and the two of them are completely true. The first biography is about a negative selected event about a man’s life with negative interpretation, the other one is about a positive selected event of a man’s life which interpreted positively.

In conclusion, the reading passage insists that history is not about everything in the past. However, it is a selection of events based on the interpretation of the historian.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Paleontology

Good evening kitos, this writing i’ve timed myself when i was writing it, I really need to be fast in order to prepare myself for the exam. Therefore, it might be worse than the first one. please check it for me and tell me what i need to improve. thank you in advance

The reading passage and the listening passage are about the right definition of the history. The reading passage discusses the definition of history and the listening passage supports it totally and provides two examples.

The reading passage argues that history is not about everything which happened in the past. Moreover, it is impossible to record all the events in the past. In addition, many events have not been recorded because of their huge number. Therefore, the reading passage mentions that the definition of the history contains two important parts, the first part is a selection, there should be a selection of events because it is very difficult to record everything, the second part is interpretation of event which is based on the opinions and supposition of the historians who record the events.

The listening passage supports the reading passage completely, it mentions two different biographies are published about a man’s life and the two of them are completely true. The first biography is about a negative selected event about a man’s life with negative interpretation, the other one is about a positive selected event of a man’s life which was interpreted positively.

In conclusion, the reading passage insists that history is not about everything in the past. However, it is a selection of events based on the interpretation of the historian.
…That sounded excellent to my SG. I give you full marks. Well done!

Kitos. 10/10*****

Thanks alot, I really feel relieved

Hi Spring Girl,

“A lot” is two words, never one.

Thanks a lot Beeesneees

:smiley: