Inselkopf in English?

Hi, what do you call an ‘Inselkopf’ in English? Here some images: Inselköpfe

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Introduction to training course on how to invest money[YSaerTTEW443543]

It seems to me that some of those pictures would be called ‘traffic islands’. And the pictures of ‘Inselstein’ seem to be just an island in the middle of a lake for example. So ‘Inselstein’ could just be ‘island’ and ‘Inselkopf’ traffic island?

Hi Holly,

I think the “Inselkopf” is the top part of a traffic island, its surface. So maybe, we can call it ‘island head’ or ‘island top’, or ‘island surface’?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: A newspaper journalist is leaving a voice message for a city developer[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Ok great, I’ll go with ‘island surface’.

Thanks,
Holly

Since it’s clear from the context what kind of island we are talking about ‘island surface’ seems the most logical expression to me too so we should go for it…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Airplane pilot is welcoming passengers on board giving them information about flight[YSaerTTEW443543]

It really depends whether you mean

Traffic Island
South Seas Island …etc

From the Google link I see several possible contexts.

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your suggestions. As Holly said in her post we are talking about traffic islands.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Tour guide is giving information on various buildings during sightseeing tour[YSaerTTEW443543]

How about Kerb? or do you actually mean the whole surface?

I think ‘kerb’ would be a bit too general. I like ‘island surface’ more. What is your take on that?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Radio news update including flooding rescue report and government financial support plans[YSaerTTEW443543]

Kerb would refer specifically to the edge of the traffic island, where for instance one would stand … or where the road meets the island.

If you actually mean the WHOLE surface of the traffic island …

“surface of the traffic island” or “traffic island surface”

would be much better.

To compound the above excessively could cause confusion.

Others could be

traffic island paving
traffic island walkway