Independant writing ques.

Please rate my essay. Thanks in advance.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Success is an important goal to everyone. Most people always try to do their best to achieve their goals and be successful. Some people believe that studying hard is the important way for success. Others do not. In my view, I completely agree that good communication is more important than being well educated for a couple of reasons.
To begin with, it does not matter that the person is educated or not to be successful. Although, education helps people to achieve their goals but it is not important for success. For instance, my uncle was not good at school and he is not a high school graduate. However, he is a very good business man. He own a big store and have to deal every day with others. Since he knows well how to treat his customer in a good and kind way , most people like to buy from his store. He has a good reputation among his customers and he is a successful person. On the other hand, one of my friends, that was attending the same college in my country, was very hard worker and study all the times. She always got high scores in most of the exams. So I pretend that she will be a very successful person after graduation. In fact, she did not know how to communicate well with others and always prefer to sit alone because she was very shy. Thus after graduation, I heard that she married and did not get any job.

In addition, studying in a book will not give people such experience they will gain when they communicate with others. Since relating with others will give people the ability to deal with other diverse people. Thus they will gain more experience than if they spend their time in studying. For example, as I mentioned before about my uncle, his business makes him meet a lot of different people and each one think in a different way. So this makes them exchange their knowledge and my uncle will know what people like and dislike about his store. This will not be done if he prefer just to read and learn about his market. He gains most of his experience by dealing with others not by reading.

All in all, knowing how to communicate with others is the key of success. Since communications in a daily basis will gives people experience and many people successes because they know how to relate with other even thought they are not educated .

This forum is for support, feedback and suggestions regarding the site’s TOEFL Test products.

Also, please help everyone to make the most of this forum and its resources by giving your threads meaningful and relevant subject lines.