In today’s world, to speak well is more important than to write well

In today’s world, to speak well is more important than to write well. Agree or disagree.

Essay:

Speaking and writing are two different skills that students had to learn when they were a little child. They learnt them from their parents, from their teachers, and from others. It is hard to judge what skill is better than the other, but as far as I am concerned, in general, speaking skill more outweighs writing skill, since we use speaking in most of our activities, speaking helps us maintain and strengthen our relationships, and brings us memorable and relaxing time.

First, it is undeniable that speaking is used in most of our activities such as working, playing, and socializing. Writing also is used very much, but when comparing the frequent uses and the effectiveness of the two important skills, speaking is more dominant than writing. For example, when I am working at my office, communicating well with my colleagues and my bosses is very important. I use this skill everyday and every time to fulfill my tasks, since my job is related to social relationship. I also use writing in my works, but it is very rare and not effective one.

Second, thanks to communicating well with others, I can maintain and strengthen my relationships. Communicating skill is very crucial skill that can bring us together. We can understand each other very much after an intimate and sincere conversation, but if we use writing as the main way to communicate, such as writing a letter, we are wasting a lot of time to know each other. Moreover, body language and eye contact used in conversations are proved much more effective than writing. Hence, it is no doubt that communicating is better than writing in terms of maintaining and strengthening our relationships.

Last but not least, by using speaking when communicating with others, I can gain a great deal of experience in memorable and relaxing time. Honestly, I am very fond of gossiping with my friends, and it helps me relieve my stress significantly. In this conversation, I often laugh very much, and I also understand my friends’ ideas more easily than when I send him a message. It is also a quicker way to gain knowledge from others, and a good way to avoid misunderstanding, for we can communicate face-to-face and look at his or her gestures.

In summary, although writing is very crucial role in some circumstances, I think speaking well with others is much more important. By communicating well with others, we can increase my working efficiencies, maintain our relationships, and have more relaxing time.

Good morning Mr. Kitosdad!
Could you check and rate my essay?
Thanks in advance!
NGU.

TOEFL listening discussions: How many types of IMA passes are available?

1 Like

Mr. Kitosdad? Do you want to correct my mistakes? Let me know if you have any problem!
NGU.

1 Like

Speaking and writing are two different skills that students had to learn as young children. They learned them from their parents, from their teachers, and from others. It is hard to judge which skill is better than the other, but in my opinion, speaking skills generally outweigh writing skills because we use speaking in most of our activities, speaking helps us maintain and strengthen our relationships, and gives us a memorable and relaxing time.

First, it is undeniable that speaking is used in most of our activities such as work, play and socializing. Writing is also used very frequently, but when comparing the frequency of use and effectiveness of the two important skills, speaking is more dominant than writing. For example, when I work in my office, good communication with my colleagues and my supervisors is very important. I use this skill every day and every time to accomplish my tasks because my job involves social relationships. I also use writing in my work, but it is very rare and not very effective.

Secondly, thanks to a good communication with others, I can maintain and strengthen my relationships. Communication skill is a very important skill that can bring us together. We can understand each other very well after a familiar and sincere conversation, but if we communicate mainly in writing, such as writing a letter, we waste a lot of time getting to know each other. Besides, body language and eye contact have proved to be much more effective than writing in conversations. So there is no doubt that communication is better than writing when it comes to nurturing and strengthening our relationships.

Last but not least, by speaking in communication with others, I can gain a lot of experiences that make me have a memorable and relaxing time. Honestly, I really enjoy exchanging ideas with my friends, and it helps me a lot to relieve my stress. I often laugh a lot during this conversation, and I also understand my friends’ ideas more easily than when I send them a message. It is also a faster way to gain knowledge from others, and a good way to avoid misunderstandings, because we can communicate face to face and pay attention to his or her gestures.

To sum up, although writing plays a very important role in certain circumstances, I believe that talking well with others is much more important. By communicating well with others, we can increase my work efficiency, maintain our relationships, and have more time to relax.