In the past young people depended too much on their parents

Making a decision with or without parents’ interference is a contentious issue. Some believe that young people in the past were freer to make decisions, However, I am on the notion that young people are capable of deciding for their future better than earlier generation because they are financially independent and they have better social network.
First and foremost, financial independence plays an important role in making grave decisions. When you want to decide about your future journey, you always need to have enough budget. In the past, youngster received their money mostly from their parents, while nowadays, young people contrive to become utterly independent. As one becomes independent, he is in charge of his own decisions and nobody can force him to do what he does not like to do. For instance, when my father was 22 years old, he got his pocket money from his parents because he was a student and he did not have a decent job. As a result, when he wanted to travel to another country, enjoying himself with beautiful sceneries, his parents impeded him and ridiculed his decision because they did not want to pay his expenses. As you can see, financial dependence inhibited young people from living the live they truly wanted.

Second, nowadays young people’s social network can help them to make better decisions. Due to the spread of social media, making friends is much easier. These friends on the internet can give you a lot of information when your face a dilemma. For instance, when I wanted to apply to a university, I was looking for somebody who studies there. I eventually found a person via a social app called LinkedIn, and asked my questions about the situation of the university. As you can see, these type of connections you make by means of social media, can help you to make more rational decisions. On the other hand, these tools were not available in the past and young people spent most of their time with their families and they did not have a lot of connections to get a piece of advice.

To sum up, young people prefer to make decisions these days mostly by themselves. They no longer rely on their parents’ money, and they also can make vast connections with others and consult with them instead of letting their parents decide instead of them.

2 Likes

Making a decision with or without parental interference is a controversial topic. However, I believe that young people are better able to make decisions for their future than previous generations because they are financially independent and have a better social network.
First and foremost, financial independence plays an important role when it comes to making serious decisions. If you want to decide on your future path in life, you always have to have a sufficient budget. In the past, young people usually got their money from their parents, while nowadays young people try to become completely independent. When one becomes independent, he is responsible for his own decisions, and no one can force him to do something he doesn’t want to do. For example, when my father was 22 years old, he got his pocket money from his parents because he was a student and didn’t have a decent job. Therefore, when he wanted to travel to another country to enjoy beautiful scenery, his parents prevented him from doing so and made fun of his decision because they did not want to pay for his expenses. As you can see, financial dependence prevented young people from living the life they really wanted.

Second, nowadays young people’s social networks can help them make better decisions. With the proliferation of social media, it is much easier to make friends. These friends on the Internet can give you a lot of information when you are facing a dilemma. For example, when I was applying to a university, I was looking for someone who was a student there. I finally found a person through a social app called LinkedIn and asked my questions about the situation at the university. So you can see that these kinds of contacts you make through social media can help you make more rational decisions. On the other hand, these tools were not available in the past, and young people spent most of their time with their families and did not have many contacts to get advice from.

In summary, young people today prefer to make decisions largely on their own. They no longer rely on their parents’ money, and they can also connect and consult widely with others rather than letting their parents decide in their place.

1 Like