In spite vs inspite of

Dear teachers,

Please read:

1.I went swimming in spite of the fact that the weather was cold.
2.In spite of the fact that the weather was cold, I went swimming.
3.I went swimming in spite the fact that the weather was cold.
4.In spite the fact that the weather was cold, I went swimming.

I think (1) and (2) are correct, (3) and (4) are in correct.Is it right?

Quoc

You’re right, Quoc, the first two sentences are the correct ones.

Hi: A year ago i had to write a composition about living in a large city. What do you think about this topic?

Hi Silvina,

I think it’s an interesting topic and you read some of my ideas here. What about you, what did you write in your essay a year ago?

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Hill biking[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten, this is the composition about living in a large city. Please, could you check grammar usage, vocabulary, punctuation, spelling, etc. Thanks. Silvina.
Life in a large city is very interesting.
Living in a large city has a lot of advantages. First of all, large cities have plenty of opportunities for everything. In the first place big cities provide opportunities for employment, especially to young people who move to urban areas in order to get better jobs and educational institutions. Moreover, large cities offer different places for spare time like movies, theaters, museums and culture events. Finally, to live in a large city appears more interesting because it gives posibilities to meet and socialize with new people, in contrast with small towns or villages where there is not much life indeed.
Are city and metropolis synonym?