In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay

The phenomenon that people are living longer now, is a complex topic that must have a cause why it is so. In the past, people tend to live longer than as it is today. For example, looking at the Bible, we learned that the generation of our first parents on earth lived almost a millennium, that is they lived almost a thousand years, but with time those years started diminishing, from 900 plus years to 500 to 400 to 300 to today people live roughly a century. What is the cause of this transition? That is what we are going to look into in the following paragraphs.
Health is one of the criteria where this phenomenon is based, study shows that healthy people tend to live longer than people with complicated diseases or illnesses. For example, people with cancer are most likely to live not more than 5 years once the cancer is intense depending on the type of cancer it is. On the contrary, people with HIV tend to live longer now than as it were when the disease first emerged because scientists have developed antibiotics against HIV, though that the disease has no cure, but people with HIV tend to live longer now than before.
Another criterion is good food; study also shows that people who are exposed to good meals are associated with good health, good development in the case of children, good brain development, etc. than they who are not exposed to healthy feeding which can also cause a lot of diseases that has aftermath, for example, an early grave. On the other hand, we are what we eat, if one is not curious about what they eat it can also have a negative effect, like excess weight and at times can also cause a harmful disease that can lead to early death.
Lineage is also another criterion why people tends to live longer now, for example, my grandpa lived almost 115 years before his death, he was not exposed to healthy food nor was he on regular medical watch, but he managed to live this long, my father is also 80 years old, therefore looking at their lineage, it is evidential that they tend to live longer than some people I knew of my father’s age-grade who has already passed, even though that some of them are exposed to healthy food and good health.
To summarise, it clear that the phenomenon people tend to live longer now, is absolutely based on some these facts discussed in this essay, there might also other reason why people live longer now than years back. Stuff like healthy living, healthy food, and lineage can be a cause for longer life.

1 Like

Hi, please find an amended version of your essay below:

The phenomenon of people living longer today is a complex issue that must have a reason why it is so. In the past, people tended to live longer than they do today. For example, if we look in the Bible, we learn that the generation of our first parents on earth lived for almost a millennium, that is, they lived for almost a thousand years, but over time these years began to decrease, from 900 plus years to 500 to 400 to 300, and finally to today, people live for about a century. What is the cause of this transition? We will examine that in the following sections.
Health is one of the criteria on which this phenomenon is based. Studies show that healthy people tend to live longer than people with complicated diseases or infirmities. For example, people with cancer are most likely to live no longer than 5 years if the cancer is intense, depending on the type of cancer. In contrast, people with HIV tend to live longer now than when the disease first appeared because scientists have developed antibiotics for HIV, although the disease is not curable, but people with HIV tend to live longer now than before.
Another criterion is good food; studies also show that people who get good food have good health, good development in children, good development of the brain, etc., than those who don’t get healthy food, which can also cause many diseases that result in an early grave, for example. On the other hand, we are what we eat, if you don’t pay attention to what you eat, it can also have a negative effect, such as obesity and sometimes cause a harmful disease, which can lead to early death.
Ancestry is also another criterion why people tend to live longer, for example, my grandfather lived almost 115 years before his death, he was not exposed to healthy diet, nor was he in regular medical supervision, but he managed to live so long, my father is also 80 years old, so if you look at their ancestry, it is evidential that they tend to live longer than some people I knew from my father’s age group who have already passed away, even though some of them were exposed to healthy diet and good health.
In summary, the phenomenon that people tend to live longer today is absolutely based on the facts discussed in this essay, but there could be other reasons why people live longer today than in years past. Things like healthy lifestyles, healthy diets, and ancestry can be a cause of longer lives.

1 Like