Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?

magine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do? Interrupt and correct the mistake right away. — Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader. — Say nothing.

Everyone might have some errors, and it is very normal in the world of human. At first glance, it seems very difficult to reach a quick conclusion that which of options are suitable. Because all of them might have some advantages and disadvantages. However, after serious consideration, found that the first option should be the best option. In my point of view, correcting the mistake in the middle of teaching is very better not only do students learn incorrectly, also it can be very impressive action.

The first reasons that should be mentioned here is that incorrect learning might make some problems later. Because, some course or material are necessary for learning other things so by learning incorrect, students might find issues in learning them. Additionally, I think, the first stage in learning is too important hence if they learn something incorrectly, that mistake might last in their mind. To illustrate this point, imagine a situation in which, teacher write a formulate a little incorrect. As a result, the students memorize incorrect and use it in test incorrectly.

The other reason that deserves some words here is that correcting mistake can have positive impact on teachers. Since by correcting them, students show that they are completely there and also listen to their teacher carefully. Actually, most of the teacher like these kinds of students. Moreover, some teachers might make mistake arbitrary, because they want to test the amount of accuracy of students. Additionally, correcting the mistake express those students have enough concentration that is fundamental in learning.

From what have been mentioned above, we arrive at this point that correcting mistake in middle of class can be very positive action. Since it prevents learning and memorizing incorrectly that might make more mistake in future. Also it can very impressive in teachers and give them positive waive. I think, it should be very necessary that teach to children that be brave to do this.

2 Likes

Anyone can make a mistake, and this is quite normal in the world of people. At first glance, it seems very difficult to make a quick decision about which of the options are suitable. After all, all of them have some advantages and disadvantages. However, after careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that the first option is the best. In my opinion, correcting mistakes in the middle of the lesson is better not only because students do not learn properly, but also because it is a very impressive measure.

The first reason that should be mentioned here is that learning incorrectly can lead to problems later. Because some courses or materials are necessary to learn other things, so students might have problems in learning those things by learning wrongly. Besides, I think the first stage of learning is too important. So if they learn something wrong, that mistake might stay in their memory. To illustrate this point, imagine a situation where the teacher writes a phrase a little wrong. As a result, students memorize the wrong thing and apply it incorrectly in the exam.

Another reason worth mentioning here is that correcting mistakes can have positive effects on teachers. Because by correcting them, students show that they are fully there and listening carefully to their teacher. Actually, most teachers like this kind of students. Besides, some teachers make mistakes arbitrarily because they want to test students’ accuracy. Besides, correcting mistakes expresses that students have enough concentration, which is fundamental in learning.

From the above, correcting errors in the middle of the lesson can be a very positive measure. This is because it prevents students from learning incorrectly and memorizing, which could lead to more mistakes in the future. Besides, it can make a great impression on teachers and give them a positive attitude. I think it should be very important to teach children that they are brave to do this.

2 Likes

Regarding the topic question, there is a controversy between those who are in favor of correcting the mistake of the teacher on the one hand and those who disagree with doing so on the other hand. Both sides have their own reasons to support their views. When it comes to me, I am of the opinion that interrupting the teacher and correcting his/her mistake right away is more beneficial than either waiting until the class is over and then talking to him/her or do not say anything. I feel this way for two main reasons which I will explore in the following essay.
The first reason to consider is that, if we interrupt the teacher, he can understand what error we refer to. As a result, he can correct it immediately. One of the big advantages of doing this is that the teacher or the meeting leader can debate about the subject on time. Maybe he/she convinced us that we are incorrect rather than him/herself and even there would be plenty of opportunities for us to learn from these kinds of debates where we can’t learn during classes or even the meeting. Moreover, we may forget to tell his/her mistake at the end of the class. There is a proverb in Persian meaning “time is gold”. So why should we waste time? Because wasting time is detrimental to all people around the world.
The other equally significant reason worth mentioning is that we should not be shameful people. In order to be in a scientific meeting or even a basic class we are mandatory to have self-confidence and the ability to correct our teacher. Because by correcting the teacher we could feel the power and gain social encouragement. The captivating point for me is that the teacher could understand our passion so he/she remember us as active student in the class. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. During my master’s degree, when I was presenting my seminar, a student from the middle of the salon raised his hand and corrected my error in programming. However I tried hard for my presentation, but I had some errors. In spite of other students’ opinions about that student, I was so happy that he corrected my mistake. If he didn’t say me I was not able to understand it forever and also it was a good feeling for me how much he paid attention to my presentation. So that’s why I see that Interrupting and correcting meeting leaders or teachers, is absolutely beneficial.
To sum up, by taking into account all of the above-mentioned reasons and examples, it is more rational to correct others quickly not only to indicate our concentration on their talking but also can debate regarding the subject.

1 Like

As for the question on the subject, there is a controversy between those who are in favor of correcting the teacher’s mistake and those who do not want to do so. Both sides have their own reasons to support their views. As for me, I believe that it is more beneficial to interrupt the teacher and correct his mistake immediately than to wait until the lesson is over and then talk to him or say nothing at all. I hold this opinion for two reasons, which I will explain in more detail in the following essay.
The first reason is that if we interrupt the teacher, he can understand what mistake we are referring to. Consequently, he can correct it immediately. One of the great advantages of this approach is that the teacher or the session leader can discuss the issue in time. Maybe he/she can convince us that we are wrong and not him/her, and there would even be many opportunities for us to learn from this kind of debates that we cannot learn in class or even in the meeting. Besides, we might forget to mention his/her mistake at the end of the lesson. There is a saying in Persian that “time is gold”. So why should we waste time? Because wasting time is harmful to everyone in the world.
The other, equally important reason is that we should not be ashamed. In order to attend a scientific session or even a basic course, we must have self-confidence and be able to correct our teacher. Because by correcting the teacher, we can feel our power and experience social encouragement. The most compelling thing for me is that the teacher can understand our passion and remember us as active students in the classroom. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. During my master’s program, when I was presenting my seminar, a student from the middle of the room raised his hand and corrected my mistake in programming. I made an effort in my presentation, but I had some mistakes. Despite what the other students thought about this student, I was so happy that he corrected my mistake. If he didn’t tell me, I would have never understood, and it also made me feel good how much he paid attention to my presentation. Therefore, I see that interrupting and correcting session leaders or teachers is absolutely useful.
In conclusion, considering all the above reasons and examples, it is more reasonable to correct others quickly, not only to show our concentration on their talking, but also to discuss about the topic.