"I'm Home" OR "I'm at Home"

Hi,

I wanna ask :

Ques 1) Which one is right and Is there any difference between these 2 sentences:

I know I'm at home is right (According to British English) but what about the first one, Is that also right ?

Please answer only If you’re sure about it

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

“I’m home is” is also right. And in my opinion, there are no difference in meaning between the 2 sentences.

As you can see, there are a song named Honey, I’m Home performed by Shania Twain and a British television sitcom named Heil Honey I’m Home! (1990).

Hello,

‘I’m home’ suggests to me what someone says when they have reached/got home. ‘I’m at home’ suggests that I am there now and not, for example, at work.

Alan

Alan Hearty Thanks,

Can you please explain a bit more the above sentence

I can help.

'‘I’m at home’ suggests that I am at home now and I am not, for example, at work.

Hi,

If you are talking to someone on the phone and say ‘I’m at home’, this not only indicates your location but also that you are able to talk without interference from traffic for example or other people with whom you might be working - you can have a private conversation.

Alan

If I may add a suggestion, I’d say “I am at home” is neutral, you simply tell someone where you are, but you would usually not say this to someone who is already there; you say “I am home” when you have just arrived, and you would usually say this to someone who was already there.

Really thanks to all of you :slight_smile: