I'm a fourth year student

Hi everybody,

Can anyone tell me which statement is correct?

I’m a fourth year student or

I’m a four year student

Thanks in advance

I’m a fourth year student. I am in my fourth year.

I’m a four year student. I am on a course lasting four years.

Don’t we have to hyphenate ‘four’ and ‘year’, Bev?

Many thanks friends!

No, we don’t.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Two firemen[YSaerTTEW443543]

Why Torsten, is it not like ‘three-year-old child’ and ‘five-day visit’? If not, please explain.

Many native English speakers wouldn’t hyphenate those examples either. Although it’s a traditional, formal standard to use the hyphen, the alternative without the hyphen is generally accepted in modern English.

This is a new piece of information for me. Thanks a lot, Bev. However, I wonder why Torsten has ignored my request for clarification especially when I have raised my doubt with examples.

Possibly because I happened to see your request and answer it first!

That’s right, I worked on a couple of blog posts yesterday so I’m very grateful we have Bev.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Testing electronics[YSaerTTEW443543]

Good evening Sir I have a question why it is showing the “record” and " edit" when I send some posts Instead of “answer” and “quote”?

Your own posts should always display a ‘record’ and ‘edit’ button as well as an ‘answer’ and ‘quote’ button.
As you cannot record in someone else’s posts, other people’s posts will not have this function.

which one is correct?

i have completed 2nd year of b.tec.

or

i am going to start ma 3rd year of b.tec.

Neither is correct.

I have completed the second year of my B.Tech course.
I am about to start the third year of my B.Tech course,

Neither is correct.

I have completed the second year of my B.Tech course.
I am about to start the third year of my B.Tech course.

and if you are a fourth year student, neither of those would apply!

Thanks beeesness.
Is this correct sentence?
There is no need to walk on tiptoe in the hostel because you can walk freely in the hostel even at night time.

There is no such word as ‘u’. so your first sentence is not correct.

I am in the/my third year.

There is no need to walk on tiptoe in hostel because u can walk freely in the hostel even at night time.
Please correct me if there is any mistake in the sentence.

I have already pointed out an error in your sentence. You have ignored it.

What is the right time to use present tense?

e.g me and mine friend were doing discussion on some topic. As we got the solution of our discussion . I said , " you was right “. Then my friend replied you should use present tense and the correct sentence is ,” you are right".

As discussion had finished five minutes before the sentence I used. Then why I should use present tense?
please guide me. I am very confused.