I'll be for it! (just put it briefly, will you?)

Hi everybody, Alan frequently amazes me with his newsletters. His latest creation is called Briefly and it contains a variety of interesting issues. (Ah, haven’t we discussed the value of the word issues recently?)
Now, one of the expressions Alan introduces in his newsletter is I’m for it. What was new to me is the fact that I’m for it can also mean I’ll be in trouble. (this is probably similar to the phrasal verb construction to do for somebody which Alan has mentioned his Make or Do Story.

OK, to put it briefly: What do you think of Briefly?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Offering a fruit salad[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

To put it briefly, I’ve always (only) heard “I’m in for it” with the meaning of “I’ll be in trouble”. I wonder if this is another BE vs AmE difference? This American speaker of English would understand “I’m for it” only as “I’m in favor of it”. :shock: :lol:

Amy

Hi,Torsten!
I agree with Amy.
I got this newsletter to my mail two days ago.I should admit that it proved to be the very interesting story and informative at the same time :smiley:

Yes, and aren’t we the spoiled ones?

Also, being invitingly told that, should I sign on English-Test.Net, I would be welcomed by myself with a lovely smile was a great boost for my ego (can’t I be a little vain once in a while?) :smiley: . It almost had me dashing to the nearest mirror to check, as my teenage daughter would do (it’s a good thing she doesn’t read this site!).