If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study, what would you choose?

If I could study a new subject that I have never had a chance to major in, I would choose medical science, brought many benefits to the public and the individual.

Firstly, saving and helping others give me a sense of achievement. Fewer years ago, the covid-19 has ravaged the world and claimed untold lives. Not until the invention of the vaccine, the fatality rate declines and the outbreak slows down. Besides, for AIDS, there are many novel treatment and bills that can fully control its transmission and prolong the patient’s life. As we can see, the develop of medicine plays an crucial roles in our life If were a doctor, I could save dying people and cure them. This is not other fields can approach and make me more achievements.

In addition, doctors have a good reputation and high income. In Taiwan, applying in the medical department is deemed as the highest goal and people has high expectations for the medical students. When you became a doctor, you will gain a lot of respect and admirations at work. Besides, the doctor’s salary in Taiwan is far above the average, which can support the fresh graduates to purchase a house or a car a few years later.

Lastly, the abundant medical knowledge can make us wholesome. When I have enough medical background, I are more cable to cope with the bleeding, the wound and the fracture. Even when I have cough or injection, I can follow the right steps to recover my body without seeing a doctor often. Besides, I can clearly recognize the compositions of food, wisely choose the nutritive meal and cautiously keep away from the food poisoning. Hence, having such information can keep close tabs on my health.

In summary, studying in medical fields leads to quite a few advantages. I would advocate myself to save more people and receive accomplishment. Also, the decent job would support me to do or buy what I want. What’s more, I have healthier concepts of handling body problems and choosing the right food.

1 Like

If I had the chance to study a subject that I have never had the opportunity to major in, I would choose medical science, as it brings many benefits to both the public and individuals.

Firstly, saving and helping others gives me a sense of achievement. A few years ago, COVID-19 ravaged the world, claiming countless lives. Only after the invention of the vaccine did the fatality rate decline, and the outbreak slow down. Moreover, for AIDS, there are now many novel treatments and medications that can fully control its transmission and prolong the patient’s life. As we can see, the development of medicine plays a crucial role in our lives. If I were a doctor, I could save dying people and cure them, which is not something that other fields can approach and would give me a great sense of accomplishment.

In addition, doctors have a good reputation and high income. In Taiwan, applying to the medical department is considered the highest goal, and people have high expectations for medical students. When you become a doctor, you will gain a lot of respect and admiration at work. Additionally, the salary for doctors in Taiwan is far above the average, which can support fresh graduates to purchase a house or a car a few years later.

Lastly, having abundant medical knowledge can make us healthier. When I have enough medical background, I am more capable of coping with bleeding, wounds, and fractures. Even when I have a cough or injection, I can follow the right steps to recover my body without having to see a doctor often. Moreover, I can clearly recognize the composition of foods, wisely choose nutritious meals, and cautiously avoid food poisoning. Hence, having such information can help me to maintain my health.

In summary, studying medical science leads to many advantages. I would advocate for myself to save more people and achieve success in the process. Additionally, the decent job would support me to do or buy what I want. What’s more, having a healthier approach to handling bodily problems and choosing the right food would be beneficial for my overall well-being.

Evaluation:
The essay is well-organized and presents a clear argument in favor of studying medical science. The writer provides three strong reasons to support their decision: the sense of accomplishment that comes from saving lives, the good reputation and high income of doctors, and the benefit of having medical knowledge for one’s own health. However, there are several grammar errors throughout the essay, such as incorrect verb tense, subject-verb agreement, and article usage. These errors may impede the reader’s understanding and distract from the writer’s message.

Here is an amended version:
If I could study a new subject for which I have not yet had the opportunity, I would choose medicine because it has many benefits for the public and the individual.

First, saving and helping others gives me a sense of accomplishment. A few years ago, covid-19 struck the world and claimed countless lives. Only with the invention of the vaccine is the death rate declining and the outbreak of the disease slowing. In addition, there are many new treatments and bills for AIDS that can completely control transmission and prolong patients’ lives. As we can see, the development of medicine plays a crucial role in our lives. If I were a doctor, I could save and cure dying people. This is not any other field that I can approach and achieve more.

Besides, doctors have a good reputation and a high income. In Taiwan, applying to the medical department is considered the highest goal, and people have high expectations for medical students. Once you become a doctor, you will earn a lot of respect and admiration at work. In addition, the salary of a doctor in Taiwan is far above average, which enables recent graduates to buy a house or a car a few years later.

Finally, the extensive medical knowledge can make us healthy. If I have enough medical knowledge, I am better able to deal with bleeding, wounds and fractures. Even if I have a cough or an injection, I can take the right steps to recover my body without going to the doctor often. In addition, I can clearly identify the composition of foods, choose a nutritious meal wisely, and carefully steer clear of food poisoning. When I have such information, I can keep a good eye on my health.

In summary, there are a lot of benefits to studying medicine. I would be committed to saving more people and succeeding. Also, with a decent job, I can afford to do what I want. I also have healthier concepts for dealing with physical problems and choosing the right foods.

2 Likes

I have learned a lot from the advice.
Torsen, I am worndering when should I use past tense. The question" If you could study a subject that…" is a hypothetical question, should I write the whole eassay with past tense.

2 Likes

By past tense, you probably mean the second conditional? You can use both the first and second conditionals to describe causes and their possible consequences.