If you could change one important thing about your country, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer

Nowadays, the disparity between women and men is one of the biggest issues in the world, and people have been striving hard to fix the gap. In particular, in my country, there is a big gap between them. Therefore, if I could change one significant thing about my country, I would change the disparity.

To begin with, there is still a wage and status disparity between men and women in Japan’s workplaces because people believe that women are inferior to men in terms of power and skills.This notion arose many long years ago, and the elderly still have it. Of course, young people have been striving hard to change the notion, but it is difficult to change right away. For example, my mother worked for a well-known company when she was 25 years old. Her boss, on the other hand, fired her because she was married at the time and expected to have children.If women have a baby, they cannot work for a while, so many companies fire them. If I could change it, our country’s happiness level would improve greatly, and people could work freely.

Secondly, the role of women and men in their home still exists in this era. Generally speaking, men have to work to support their families, and women do housework while their husbands are working. However, this is not mandatory, and we are able to seek diversity. For example, I heard once that some fathers do housework while their mothers are working. This sounds wired because we still have prejudices about the diversity of house roles. If I could change this prejudice, people could seek their freedom and live without any obstacles.

To sum up, there have been some issues related to the gender gap in my country since a long time ago, and people are still suffering from the notion. If I could change their status in their working place and in our house, we would be able to live happily and seek our freedom.

1 Like