IELTS Wrting task 2: Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school

Dear teacher,
Please help me check my essay.

Thank you,
I really admire your contribution to English learner community.

Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school. (Version tự viết :V)

People nowadays have a conception that gaining a higher level in education path is the best way for achieving a successful career. However, some are choosing to start working right after fished school. In this essay, both pros and cons of the change associated with knowledge will be discussed on an objective stance.

From one hands, it has been a normal way of thinking pursuing a high level of education will give them a successful career for their life. One of the reasons for people to have this conception is the top tier job that most people want to have such as doctors, engineers, lawyer and etc. . . These type of jobs comes with a very high salary but it’s required you to have a high stand in the knowledge ladder because, without advance knowledge, you can never being able to deal with these complex level of problems that these jobs bring for you. Additionally, when you are working as one of these top jobs, you will immediately gain more respect from people and get a hold of your job more than been manual labor for others. Because of this, you will have a high stand in the society.

Though, everything had its cost, pursuing higher education meaning invest in a lot of times and money for it. Some don’t have the condition of chasing this educational path, instead, they put their self in the job industry right after schools. This will brings them big advantages ahead of those who are chasing their higher education. One of the benefits of this is the experiences you gain when starting early in the job force, you will have more times to put yourself in variety of jobs, build up your network, exposed to multiple situations and have to find a way to fix it. This will not give you the change to develop your working skill but also a change to complete yourself. Thus, you will be more mature and experiences when dealing with life problems. Moreover, you can live independently and financially support by your self for needs and living expenses. However, this will have consequences, without higher knowledge, you can only work in labor industry, you will never be control of your work because you have to do every command that your boss order you to do. Therefore, you are putting yourself in risk of labors exploitation and dangerous working environment.

To conclude my analyzation, choosing the pursuing higher education path or starting to work after schools have their benefits and drawbacks.

2 Likes

Hi, it doesn’t seem like the prompt you gave my was complete. I will assume it said “discuss both viewpoints” or “give the advantages of both sides”. If so, your essay has the correct format.Some of your sentences could be more concise, since there seem to be many unnecessary words. For instance, for “it has been a normal way of thinking that” - try “it is widely thought that”. You also have quite a lot of repetition of certain words. Most of your writing is clear, although there were a couple of sentences that did not make sense to me. Also, try to avoid using second person in formal essays like this. Here are some specific comments:

3 Likes

Thank you very much,
Teacher,

1 Like