IELTS Writing task 2 - Problems when living in big citiy

Dear teacher,

Please help me check my essay if there are any mistakes with the following topic. My target band score would be 6.5. Thanks for spending time reading my essay and correcting it. I’d very appreciate it

People living in large cities have to face many problems in everyday life. What are those problems?
Should the government encourage people to move to regional towns?

In modern days, living in large cities has been a trend as it is more convenient and more modern. Apart from the benefits, people who live in large cities also have many challenges that they must face daily. Some of the considerable problems are housings and jobs. And I also agree that the government should encourage people to move to regional towns instead of economical cities.

Living in a big city with lots of conveniences and follow by those conveniences are the expensive expenses. When accommodating in a big city, housings and jobs are the two biggest problems that people may suffer in everyday life. Most people are believed to cannot afford to buy a house. For instance, in Canada, not only housings here are very expensive but the renting condo is excessive for a person to handle. One of the reasons is that their income is not enough for paying a house. With a house, people have to pay for the heating system, electric bills and tons of tons of other kinds of bills. Besides housing, having hired in large cities are difficult. Even though, some believe that career opportunities are higher than those in the remote region. However, the competition to achieve the job is also harsh and difficult. Large cities are where people want to live and find a job. Therefore, the unemployment ratio is pretty high in big cities too. Nowadays, it is estimated that over 50% of people with bachelor’s degrees are unemployed. Because universities has been common sense for people as everyone studies universities and has at least one degree. So, having jobs in large cities is harsh.

Some of the solutions offered include the government should encourage people to move to regional towns. The distribution population over different areas are important. Because they shouldn’t just live in big cities but also people should move to other regional towns. And to encourage people to move in, the government should offer some good deals and policies for them, in order to promote the regional towns. Career opportunities in remote areas are less challenging too. There are still lots of available spots for people to fill in.

To sum up, large city people will face problems such as housings and job opportunities. While they can move to another regional place to have a quality standard of living. Therefore, the government should encourage and offer chances for people to accommodate in other rural regions

2 Likes

Hello Tran Vu, welcome to our forum and many thanks for sharing your essay with us. I think it would be quite helpful if you told us what exactly you mean by ‘correct my essay’. Why do you want it corrected? Who do you think will read your essay and what can your audience learn from your essay? Who is your audience?

1 Like

Hi Mr. Torsten. First of all, my apologies for not being clearly when I posted my essay to the forum. It was my first time so honestly I didn’t know how it worked. And thank you for reminding me. I’d edit my topic again.

2 Likes