IELTS WRITING TASK 2- potential ability

Dear teacher,
Please help me check my IELTS writing task 2
Thank you

It’s generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for music and sport, and others are not. However, it’s sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician. Discuss both views and give your opinion

It would be argued by some people that children are gifted with certain abilities such as sports or music. In my opinion, however, they can develop these abilities if they receive the right and proper direction.

On the one hand, there are several reasons why some believe that kids have outstanding inborn talents. People claim that any child can be a genius one. It is only how much his parents pay attention to his needs and what they do to develop these hobbies. My nephew, for example, is a big fan of football. His parents realize his passion and send him to a local football club to train his football techniques and skills.

On the other hand, I would argue that most of the children do not have fantastic potentials and these can only be nurtured if they receive enough caring and support from their parents, teachers, or peers. When a kid takes part in a piano course, he will be instructed steps by steps by his teacher. As a result, his playing skills would become better gradually. Another reason is that children sometimes experience fatigue and stress when learning skills, therefore, their parental guidance and advice would help them be motivated and keep going. By telling inspiring stories, fathers and mothers might give motivation to their offspring not to give up. Parents should be their child’s company to share and learn together.

In conclusion, although many people think that children should be born with talent, I personally believe that one can learn whatever they enjoy, to become a master of it.

3 Likes

What kind of ‘help’ do you expect and what are you ready to give for it in return?

2 Likes