IELTS Writing task 2: Online education is becoming increasingly popular

Dear teacher,
Please help me check my IELTS Writing task 2 essay.
Thank you,

Essay topic :

Online education is becoming increasingly popular. Many students are choosing to study online instead of face - to - face education. Do the advantages of distant education outweigh the disadvantages?

It is true that in today’s busy lifestyle, online classes are sharply increasing with the advent of computer technology. More and more students tend to take online forums due to a lot of strong points and they will completely replace classroom learning. Personally, I think the online environment is the best method for students in the 21st century because of a great many strengths.
The first point, one of the main benefits of studying online is learners would gain up-to-date information in a lot of fields of study. This is linked to the fact that those learners can access updated contents at once while the traditional classes’ environment does not. Moreover, access to all resources of online courses are offered, which empower learners to freely choose a wide range of different subjects. For instance, students attending the national high school examination can have diverse opportunities to study in many forums on the internet such as the Moon, the Hocmai forum.
Additionally, online learning is a great alternative to the classroom environment, especially for those who could not afford the time and money to take a real course. That means those learners can take online classes anytime if they have a logical arrangement. Also, students could save money from commuting and they may not have to worry about the weather. Take my classmates as an example, the limited time is a reason why she cannot go to a private class. Hence, she chooses to take online courses to enhance her knowledge at home.

In conclusion, online education provides various positive aspects for learners. This is because of its unlimited resources as well as a reasonable time for students. Personally, I strongly believe that students should make an important decision about how to take advantage of the power of online courses.

2 Likes

Hi, you have addressed this prompt correctly and your overall formal is effective. You have a good introduction and conclusion. You might have added one disadvantage and stated why it is not important - “Some argue that online courses lack the sense of community and focus on interpersonal skills that traditional classrooms provide. Yet with webcams and discussion forums, these innovative internet-based courses actually allow the students to become part of a real community, often with more interaction than that found in old-fashioned classes.” Something like that to show that you have considered the disadvantages. Your first paragraph seems to have quite a lot of repetitive sentences. It would be better to go more into detail of exactly what features you are talking about. Detailed examples are always a great way to boost your word count without risking repetition. Here are some specific suggestions:

3 Likes

Dear teacher,
Thank you very much.

1 Like