IELTS WRITING TASK 2 number 6

How is my letter?
Some people believe today that everyone has a right to access to the Internet and that governments should provide this access for free. Other people believe that access to the internet is not a right and should be paid for like other services.

Discuss both these views and give your opinion

Since the internet was born in the 4.0 Technological Age, it has brought on some significant benefits for individuals and governments as well. In recent years, there is a proposed question is whether should governments provide freely the Internet for residents and people who are comfortable accessing the Internet. This is not acceptable by some people and they believe that this access should be paid. In this essay, I will discuss these sides of this argument, and also give my personal opinion.

On the one hand, free access to the internet has some positive aspects that people should concern. First, this will help people have a lot of chances to find good information. This means that citizens who have no perfect condition to pay the fees for this access will easy to read the daily news or information which serves for their own demands such as information of weather forecast, movies, studies, newspapers, etc. Thus, It is easy to understand clearly how the residential circumstances anywhere are when the government allows these people have accessed the internet freely. This means that some countries which are unstable in political and social problems will examine their residents based on information that whom share on social networking. For Example, illegal entry country of emigrants into other countries often occurs all over the world. This will be easy to control if the government follows this information on social media.

On the other hand, this free access also has some negative factors significantly. One of the worst drawbacks is this free access makes big opportunities for cybercriminals. This means that government has to deal with challenges to capture the cybercriminals who can break into the internet systems to attack individuals and groups that they want. Another main reason, it is very convenient that residents take advantage of social networking to propaganda the bad cultures to other residents. In fact, racism and religious discrimination often occur on social networking like Facebook and Twister. This separate belief of residents among people around the world and will cause some bad elements.

In conclusion, although there are some negative aspects for government to allow people to access the internet freely, the above of some good factors could also be considered carefully. Personally, I think that this free access should be permitted to residents. Besides, the government should strictly manage resident’s access.

2 Likes

Since the Internet emerged in the age of Technology 4.0, it has brought some significant benefits to both individuals and governments. In recent years, the question has been raised as to whether governments should make the Internet available for free to residents and people who are comfortable using it. Some people disagree with this and believe that there should be a charge for this access. In this essay I will discuss the two sides of this argument and also give my personal opinion.

On the one hand, free access to the Internet has some positive aspects that people should consider. First, it will give people many opportunities to find good information. This means that citizens who are not able to pay fees for this access can easily read the daily news or information that suits their own needs, such as information about weather forecasts, movies, studies, newspapers, and so on. So, it is easy to understand how the living conditions are somewhere when the government allows these people to have free access to the Internet. This means that some countries with unstable political and social conditions will screen their residents based on information they share on social networks. For example, illegal entry of emigrants to other countries is common all over the world. This can be easily controlled if the government tracks this information on social media.

On the other hand, this free access also has some negative factors. One of the worst disadvantages is that this free access provides great opportunities for cyber criminals. This means that the government has to deal with challenges to catch the cyber criminals who can penetrate the internet systems to attack individuals and groups they want. Another major reason is that residents take advantage of social networks to propagate the bad culture to other residents. Racism and religious discrimination are common on social networks such as Facebook and Twister. This separates the beliefs of residents among people around the world and will cause some bad elements.

In conclusion, although there are some negative aspects for the government in allowing people to freely access the Internet, there are also some good factors that should be carefully weighed. I personally believe that this free access should be allowed to residents. In addition, the government should strictly control the access of residents.