IELTS WRITING TASK 2 number 4

How is my letter?
Many people believe in the idea of school children wearing a school uniform, but should teachers as well be required to conform to a dress code?

Since the rules of wearing uniforms were made by schools around the world, especially in Asia, this has caused some arguments about whether teachers as well should be required to conform to the dress code. I agree with this interrogative. In this essay, I will discuss some reasons why teachers should wear uniforms in school, also give my personal opinion.

Let’s begin by looking especially at the first important reason for this interrogative. Wearing the uniform will help teachers make good images to the students adapt convincingly. This means that when the school requires the students have to follow their rule in putting on the uniform, the wealthy students who have conditional enough for them to buy the luxurious clothes to wear in schools will feel inequitable if this was not completed by the teachers. In fact, many parents of the students asked some tough questions to the school why their kid’s forced to wear uniforms in schools regardless of their good conditions.
Another significant aspect is wearing a uniform will reduce the risk of racism and ageism among the teachers in the same school. It is clear that the generation gap, which creates the different views for history, culture, society of every individual, even for fashion, definitely will appear in schools. The young teacher often has the same tendency as they choose cloths more fashionable than elderly teachers. In fact, the variety of the dress, the difference of colorful jackets and fashionable pants are usually worn by young teachers. This may cause some dissents for both younger and elderly teachers.

In conclusion, wearing uniform have been strongly an argument issue throughout many decades for both students and teachers. Personally, I think wearing the uniform for teachers should be required in schools to create good images for students.

2 Likes

As the rules for wearing uniforms have been established by schools around the world, especially in Asia, this has led to some discussion about whether teachers should also be required to follow the dress code. I agree with this line of questioning. In this essay, I will discuss some reasons why teachers should wear uniforms in school, and also give my personal opinion.

First of all, let us consider the first important reason for this question. Wearing the uniform will help teachers make a good image to students and fit in convincingly. This means that if the school requires students to wear the uniform, the wealthy students who have enough money to buy luxurious clothes for school will feel unfairly treated if teachers do not do so. In fact, many parents of students in the school have asked hard questions about why their children are forced to wear uniforms to school when they have good conditions.
Another important aspect is that wearing a uniform reduces the risk of racism and age discrimination among teachers in the same school. It is clear that the gap between generations, involving different perceptions of history, culture, society and even fashion, will also occur in schools. The young teachers often tend to dress more fashionably than older teachers. In fact, the variety of clothes, the difference of colorful jackets and fashionable pants are usually worn by young teachers. This may cause disagreement among both younger and older teachers.

In summary, the wearing of school uniforms has been an important issue for both students and teachers for many decades. I personally believe that the wearing of uniforms should be mandated for teachers in schools to create a good image among students.

1 Like