IELTS Writing task 1: Table

Dear teacher,

Please help me check my IELTS Writing task 1 report.

The given table illustrates how much Australian dollar an Australian family paid for expenditure monthly on average in two different years (1991 and 2001).

Overall, it is clear to see that there was a moderate increase in total spending from 1991 to 2001. Other goods and services expenditure and food spending took up a majority of money having to pay in total monthly in both years.

In terms of food expenditure, they spent $155 in 1991 $5 lower than in 2001 ($160). In addition, other goods and services expenditure increased slightly from $250 to $270 in 2001. In terms of spending on Housing, there was a minimal rise of $5 from $95 while expenditure for electricity and water they spent $75 on in 1991 that was almost double higher than in 2001.
( Dear teacher, should I use “As for” or “In/ with regard to” to avoid repetition of " In terms of")
Looking now at clothing expenditure, there was a minimal decrease of $10 from $30 after 10 years. In addition, spending on transport witnessed a considerable reduction to $45 from $75.

2 Likes

Hi, I think your report is pretty good. Your overview and summary are good, highlighting the most important aspects of the report. You did have some awkward sounding phrases though, but your numbers were accurate and you explained the various changes between the years quite well.
Here are some specific comments:

3 Likes

Dear teacher,

Thank you very much,

1 Like

Dear teachers, could you please to read my essay and give me useful advice
Teachers should be paid according how much their students know
Nowadays, there is many Appreciable teachers in Georgia, how had good salaries and better attitude from government, teachers are interested to
teach everyone their lesson, but there is some students how do not want teach, sometimes reason is teacher or children do not want teach, some people think that teachers be paid according how much their students know…
Initially I have to say that first advantage of this opinion is that teachers will be interested in every students, what they know and what is for them hard, teachers will start helping and attitude, children will be more interested too, because of they will see that all teachers are attitude to them good.
On the other hand it will be hard for teachers, because of some students how do not want teach, how do not see how teachers attitude to them, because of them teachers will be paid less and ther is fact that children are thirty and teacher one this fact too saying that it is very hard…
To cut a long story short, it be bad if teachers be paid according how much students know, because I senck that teachers can not teach their subject to all students…

1 Like

Hi @Mariam, welcome to our forum :wink:

Teachers should be paid according to the level of knowledge of their students

Nowadays in Georgia there are many valued teachers who have good salaries and better government attitude.
Teachers are interested in teaching everyone, but there are some students who don’t want to teach, sometimes the reason is that teachers or children don’t want to teach, some people think that teachers should be paid according to how much their students know…

First of all I have to say that the first advantage of this opinion is that teachers will be interested in each student, what they know and what is difficult for them, teachers will start to help and behave, children will also be more interested because they will see that all teachers have a good attitude towards them.

On the other hand, it will be hard for the teachers because some students don’t want to teach because they don’t see how the teachers behave towards them, because the teachers are paid less and because it is a fact that the children are thirty and the teachers also see this fact and say that it is very hard…
To make it short, it would be bad if the teachers were paid according to how much the students know because I think that the teachers can’t teach their subject to all the students…

1 Like

thank you. It helps me a lot

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that :wink:

1 Like