Ielts writing task 1 semi-formal letter 10

How is my letter?
You play sport (e.g. football) for a local team. You recently heard that a player in your team is in a hospital. Write a letter to your team-mate. In your letter:

– Say how you feel about the news
– Ask about the treatment in the hospital
– Suggest some ways of cheering him/her up

Dear Hung,

I so regret to get information that you were hospitalized due to a serious accident on Tran Phu street.

Since the first time I got this information, I have completely felt shocked as we played football before. I have immediately called for you but there has been no response. Are you broken legs and an elbow?

As I knew, you could be moved to the emergency department to cure your legs and elbow as soon as the initial diagnostic has been completed. Then it also could be more than one month to recover from your injury at the hospital.

I would like to spend two days to take look after you carefully when you leave the hospital. In addition, I think you will be so happy with the significant trip that I booked last week.

I hope that your problem is getting better and better. Let me know if you need any support.

Regard,
Nhanh

2 Likes

Dear Hung,

It was with great regret that I learned that you have been hospitalized due to a serious accident on Tran Phu Street.

When I first received this information, I was completely shocked because we used to play soccer together. I immediately called for you, but you didn’t get back to me. Did you break your leg and elbow?

As I knew, you could be transferred to the emergency room to heal your legs and elbow as soon as the initial diagnosis is completed. Then it could also take more than a month for you to recover from your injury in the hospital.

I would be happy to take care of you for two days after you leave the hospital. Also, I think you will be very happy about the big trip I booked last week.

I hope your problem is getting better and better. Let me know if you need any support.

Respect,
Nhanh

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Torsten.

1 Like

@Torsten, I’d go for a slightly different one as follows:

Dear Hung

It is with great regret that I learn that you have been hospitalized due to a serious accident on Tran Phu Street.

When I first received this information, I was completely shocked because we were playing together in the team. I immediately called you on the phone but there was no answer. Did you break your leg and elbow? How come you are victim to such a tragedy!

I understand that you were transferred to the emergency room as soon as the initial diagnosis was completed and that you are now being paid special attention by the hospital. It may take more than a month for you to recover from your injury.

Meanwhile, I would be happy to take care of you for two days after you leave the hospital. Also, I think you will be very happy about the big December trip I booked for us last week, and I am sure you will have completely recouped by then.

Let me know if you need any support.

Regards.
Nhanh

3 Likes

Here is my new version.

Dear Hung

It was with great regret that I learned that you were hospitalized due to a serious accident on Tran Phu Street.

When I first received this information, I was completely shocked because we played together in the team. I called you immediately, but you didn’t answer. Did you break your leg and elbow? How is it that you became a victim of such a tragedy?

I heard that you were transferred to the emergency room as soon as you were first diagnosed, and that you are now receiving special attention at the hospital. It may take you more than a month to recover from your injury.

In the meantime, I would like to take care of you for two days after you leave the hospital. Also, I think you’ll be very excited about the big trip in December that I booked for us last week, and I’m sure you’ll be fully recovered by then.

Let me know if you need any support.

Best regards.
Nhanh

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Anglophile.

2 Likes