Ielts writing task 1 formal letter 9

You have decided to leave your current employment. Write a letter to your employer. Include the following in your letter:

– Explain why you are writing
– Explain why you have decided to leave the company
– Tell your employer what you plan to do after leaving your present employment

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to express for leaving my current employment.

There are two main reasons that I have to make this decision. For the first reason, since the first time I was here (our company), I have been got the enthusiastic supports of all staffs such as my colleagues, managers, a guard, you as well. However, I currently have some personal issues that I feel exhausted with family affairs. My son has been got sickness throughout the two last years and with the addition the death of my wife. Another important reason, I just got a bad prognosis from a doctor with the advice that I should not work more than four hours.

I am going to spend the rest of my life improving my mood and attend a communal project as soon as those my problems are solved carefully.

I would appreciate it if my expression is accepted for all the above logical reasons. Please let me know if you require any other information.

Yours faithfully,
Nhanh

2 Likes

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to inform you that I am leaving my current employment.

There are two main reasons that have led me to make this decision. The first reason is that since my first employment here (in our company), I have received the enthusiastic support of all employees such as my colleagues, managers, a security guard, and also from you. However, I am currently having some personal issues that are overwhelming me with family matters. My son got sick in the last two years, and then my wife also passed away. Another major reason is that I just got bad news from my doctor, with the advice that I should not work more than four hours.

I will spend the rest of my life trying to improve my mood and participate in a community project once my problems are carefully resolved.

I would appreciate it if my application is accepted for all the above logical reasons. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Yours sincerely,
Nhanh

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Torsten.

1 Like

You are welcome, my friend.