IELTS writing task 1 -Changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000

Please kindly help me rate the below writing. Grateful if you can correct the wrongs. Thanks much!

The provided table illustrates the changes in modes of travel in England from 1985 to 2000.

As we can see from the table, the average distance travelled in England annually enjoyed a significant boost from 4,740 miles in 1985 to 6,473 in 2000. Car, undoubtedly, represented the most widely-used transportation mode during this given period. The average distance travelled by car increased by 1605 miles between 1985 and 2000. In addition, travelling by long distance bus, train, as well as taxi is also greatly boosted.

In contrast, non-vehicle mode such as walking and cycling witnessed a slightly gradual decrese, with the average distance travelled via walking slowed by 18 miles in 2000 and by bicycle sliped to 41 miles from 51 miles from 1985.

In conclusion, between 1985 and 2000, the average distance travelled by English increased to a large extend. And the evident trend was that Vehicle-based transportation are more widely used while traveling by walking or bicycle saw a decline.

TOEFL listening lectures: What does the professor imply about Leonardo da Vinci?

Hi VickieZ, I thought you did a pretty good job with this report. You summarized the data well and I liked how you separated out the non-vehicular transportation modes from the others. You do have a few errors in usage and some word choices that could be improved. Please see my suggestions below.

Thank you so much for your help Luschen! :slight_smile: