IELTS Writing task 1: Bar chart. Oil

Dear teacher,

Please help me with my friend’s report. IELTS Writing task 1.

Thank you,

The bar chart compares six various contries in terms of the figure for oil production capacity between 1990 to 2010.

Overall, oil production increased during the period of 20-years. It is clear that Saudi Arabia produced oil higher than other countries, while the lowest was Qatar. In 1990, over 8 million of barrels a day was produced and rose steadily. Later 15 years, Saudi Arabia’s oil production witness a peak at around 14 million of barrel daily. By contrast, the year 2010 was saw a slight increase in the amount of oil production in Qatar, estimating around 1 millions of barrel daily in 2010.

From 1990 to 2010, oil production increased steadily in other 4 countries. The amount of oil production was around 3 millions of barrels per day in Iran, while the figure for 3 other countries at around 2 millions of its. In 2000, althouth there was a stability in the amount of oil production in UAE, the figure for oil production reaching a peak at over 4 millions of barrels daily in other 4 countries.

2 Likes

Hi, I thought your overall format was good, and it made sense to divide the six countries shown into two groups, as you have done. I think it is better to mention the other four countries in your summary, not just Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Watch out for your number terms - it is “five million barrels”.
It is the same for billion and thousand - six thousand bags of sugar - so be sure to get this correct. Most of your report was fairly clear, apart from the last sentence, which seemed factually inaccurate. Here are some specific suggestions:

2 Likes

Dear teacher,

Thank you very much.

1 Like